Page 1 of 1

Absence

Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:33 pm
by Nigel Wright
My apologies for being away from the forum for so long - I had no idea what the new link was until I (by chance) was checking out a friend's chess blog and saw the new link! :)


Would it be possible for someone to give me a quick update on what has been going on for the last 5/6 months, (major issues etc.), what's new, and any new faces worth mention...?


Thanks :D

Re: Absence

Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:01 am
by Nigel Wright
anybody?

oh well, merry christmas and a happy new year to you all :)

Re: Absence

Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:06 am
by Carl Hibbard
Hello again - you will have to have a good read to catch up I am afraid...

The numbers of people and posts has increased...

The Chess for Schools project is in exactly the same place as it was when you left....

Etc.

As I said keeping reading

Happy new year!

Re: Absence

Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:26 am
by Peter Turner
Good morning Carl

I'm amazed by the amount of time you devote to keeping the Forum running. The exchange of opinions & information certainly helps us to have some idea of what is/is not going on. The Forum would get my vote for 'website of the year'. My wish for the New Year is that the ECF Board realise the error of the banning decision and reinstate. I may have a second wish just in case!!

Thanks for all your work on our behalf.

Sincere best wishes for the New Year.

Peter T

PS Nigel, I don't think it is possible to summerise - happy reading!!

Re: Absence

Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:32 am
by Nigel Wright
Carl Hibbard wrote:Hello again - you will have to have a good read to catch up I am afraid...
oh dear :(

Re: Absence

Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:40 pm
by Greg Breed
Hi Nigel, good to see you on the forums again.

You've missed more than just 5 months worth. We've crammed in 15 years worth since you've been gone. I can't even summarise the summary without taking several hours from my day!! Good luck catching up :|

Re: Absence

Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:40 am
by Nigel Wright
Right, I think I'm just gonna not read it all, and pretend that I have, and then blag my way through if any issues arise as a result :wink:

What with all my uni work (ha! like that's gonna happen!), and all the job searching (getting drunk daily), and driving lessons (playing GTA IV on the PS3), and getting fit again (phoning the kebab shop - lifting the phone is exercise!), I just don't have the time to read it all anyway! :D