BLACKPOOL - HE'S BACK!

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
Christopher Kreuzer

Re: BLACKPOOL - HE'S BACK!

Post by Christopher Kreuzer » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:50 am

Carl Hibbard wrote:
Christopher Kreuzer wrote:I see Hebden has won in 18 moves on board 2 (the younger Fernandez respectfully resigning once the GM had won a pawn)!
To be fair he is losing a second on c6 as well as perhaps only being able to castle into a further mess.
Yeah. Are you able to pull up and post a PGN of this game? I couldn't work out how to get a text or PGN copy of the moves from the live games display. I typed out one game above (I don't mind doing that for 20-move games), but have to go now. Posting up Sadler's second round game would be nice as well. (All for Geoff, of course!)

Roger de Coverly

Post by Roger de Coverly » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:54 am

Christopher Kreuzer (Sadler game) wrote:Maybe Qh4+ g3 then Bf2+ and some combination of Qh5+ and Bxg3?
There's an extra trick with getting the Queen to h3 before playing Bxg3. With the King unable to escape, Black can take anything that isn't nailed down. Or at least that's what the computer engine would play.
Christopher Kreuzer wrote:I see Hebden has won in 18 moves on board 2 (the younger Fernandez respectfully resigning once the GM had won a pawn)!
I think it was actually two pawns as both f7 and c6 are now threatened. But why .. Qb6? Surely the Bxd5 trick was pretty obvious, but you don't expect IMs to forget that their rook on c8 has become undefended.

(edit) Actually it was the younger brother, rather than the IM (/edit)
Last edited by Roger de Coverly on Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:56 am

Christopher Kreuzer wrote:
Carl Hibbard wrote:
To be fair he is losing a second on c6 as well as perhaps only being able to castle into a further mess.
Yeah. Are you able to pull up and post a PGN of this game? I couldn't work out how to get a text or PGN copy of the moves from the live games display. I typed out one game above (I don't mind doing that for 20-move games), but have to go now. Posting up Sadler's second round game would be nice as well. (All for Geoff, of course!)
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Christopher Kreuzer

Post by Christopher Kreuzer » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:59 am

Roger de Coverly wrote: I think it was actually two pawns as both f7 and c6 are now threatened. But why .. Qb6? Surely the Bxd5 trick was pretty obvious, but you don't expect IMs to forget that their rook on c8 has become undefended.
The IM is the older Fernandez (Daniel) not the younger one (Michael?). Thanks for posting the game, Carl. Will have to wait until I get back to see how Sadler did in this game and (presumably) against Hebden or another top seed later on.

Roger de Coverly

Post by Roger de Coverly » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:02 pm

Christopher Kreuzer wrote: Yeah. Are you able to pull up and post a PGN of this game? I couldn't work out how to get a text or PGN copy of the moves from the live games display.
Use the pgn4web display ( R2 multiple boards on the main website).

Click the square c8 and there you have it.

Here's the Sadler game so far. I doubt if anything exciting will happen for the rest of the game, it will just show how a GM wins with pawn and position odds in his favour.

(edit) Annotations added (/edit)

Bxh7 is the engine suggestion to prolong the game.
Last edited by Roger de Coverly on Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Christopher Kreuzer

Post by Christopher Kreuzer » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:03 pm

Thanks, Roger. Are you able to add annotations giving the lines after 11.Nxe5?

Paul McKeown

Post by Paul McKeown » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:06 pm

Sean Hewitt wrote:Anybody else having problems with the tournament website?

Infection Blocked
URL: http://www.blackpoolchess.org.uk/
Infection: JS:HideMe-I [Trj]

Relax, your avast! just saved you from a virus.
The website home-page uses a javascript dnn View State. This is apparently the Autson Slideshow Skitter Joomla Extension:

Autson Slideshow Skitter

Which is currently suspended by Joomla for being dodgy:
Joomla wrote:This extension has been unpublished for the following reason:
UR7-Under Investigation
For further information go to: the Joomla forum.
Joomla forum wrote:@Hairs Autson Slideshow (1.2)

This is your problem - it is very very nasty
Someone needs to sort out the Blackpool website. PITA - the slideshow needs to be replaced which is some actual work for someone. In the meantime people would be advised to keep away or use with caution.

Sorry to Blackpool if I'm wrong - this investigation has been very quick and there is a possibility that I'm wrong. Wouldn't bet heavily on it, though.
Last edited by Paul McKeown on Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:10 pm

Christopher Kreuzer wrote:Thanks, Roger. Are you able to add annotations giving the lines after 11.Nxe5?
11.Nxe5 Qh4+ 12.g3 Bf2+ 13.Ke2 Qh5+ 14.Kf1 Qh3+ 15.Ke2 Bxg3
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:20 pm

Paul McKeown wrote:Which is currently suspended by Joomla for being dodgy.
I stand corrected, yes that is horrid :shock:
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

David Clayton

Post by David Clayton » Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:21 pm

Carl Hibbard wrote:
Paul McKeown wrote:Which is currently suspended by Joomla for being dodgy.
I stand corrected, yes that is horrid :shock:

Thanks for that guys. The webmaster has now disabled the offending extension, please let us know if there are any further problems.

Hopefully you are all enjoying the live games broadcasting. Thanks to Carl for hosting the live games and Paolo Casaschi for the pgn4web display.

David

Paul McKeown

Post by Paul McKeown » Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:25 pm

David Clayton wrote:Thanks for that guys.
A pleasure.
David Clayton wrote:The webmaster has now disabled the offending extension, please let us know if there are any further problems.
Good news.
David Clayton wrote:Thanks to Carl for hosting the live games and Paolo Casaschi for the pgn4web display.
Can't be said enough.

Barry Sandercock

Post by Barry Sandercock » Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:31 pm

Does anyone know who won the Open at Blackpool in 1996 ? I see the name is missing from the list of winners.

Patrick McGovern

Post by Patrick McGovern » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:37 pm

Nice to see big numbers for what is an excellent tournament. However there has been a drop off in numbers from Scotland since the (re)grading of the Scots a few years ago. A pity really as we really enjoyed the weekend despite not a lot of success.
A rook on the second is like a bone in the throat - Fischer

David Pardoe

Post by David Pardoe » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:27 am

Paul McKeown wrote:
Sean Hewitt wrote:Anybody else having problems with the tournament website?

Infection Blocked
URL: http://www.blackpoolchess.org.uk/
Infection: JS:HideMe-I [Trj]

Relax, your avast! just saved you from a virus.
The website home-page uses a javascript dnn View State. This is apparently the Autson Slideshow Skitter Joomla Extension:

Autson Slideshow Skitter

Which is currently suspended by Joomla for being dodgy:
Joomla wrote:This extension has been unpublished for the following reason:
UR7-Under Investigation
For further information go to: the Joomla forum.
Joomla forum wrote:@Hairs Autson Slideshow (1.2)

This is your problem - it is very very nasty
Someone needs to sort out the Blackpool website. PITA - the slideshow needs to be replaced which is some actual work for someone. In the meantime people would be advised to keep away or use with caution.

Sorry to Blackpool if I'm wrong - this investigation has been very quick and there is a possibility that I'm wrong. Wouldn't bet heavily on it, though.

Are you saying that people who have accessed the `Live games` on the Blackpool website are likely to have there computers infected with a virus.
If so, what do you need to look out for and what remedy is possible to remove any problems?
BRING BACK THE BCF

Barry Sandercock

Post by Barry Sandercock » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:07 am

I've had no trouble with the Blackpool website. I enjoy the live games and think they are doing a great job.