Page 1 of 1
Tournament Software
Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:25 pm
by Andrew Wainwright
Hi All
Does anyone know of any free online software that I could download which helps when running tournaments? Specifically the type that would do the draws etc for the competition controller? I stress the word free as if I have to pay then I will stick with the old fashioned method of written score cards for each individual.
Cheers
Andy
Re: Tournament Software
Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:28 pm
by Sean Hewitt
I'm not aware of any such software of any use that is free, although there are a number of inexpensive programs that do the jobs.
Sounds like pairing cards it is I'm afraid!
Re: Tournament Software
Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:23 pm
by William Stimpson
Have a look at this link:
http://www.enpassant.dk/chess/softeng.htm#TL
I have tried Vega with success though it is limited to 30 players unless you pay a licence fee.
Cheers
Will
Re: Tournament Software
Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:04 am
by Stewart Reuben
If I remember correctly SwissPerfect is free. Unfortunately it is anything but perfect.
The advantage of Tournament Director is that it does the grading for you. That is imperfect though, although improving all the time and does cost money.
Stewart Reuben
Tournament Software
Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:15 pm
by Adam Raoof
Andrew: SwissPerfect is now called 'League Watch', and I can highly recommend it as a flexible, intuitive and very stable program. I have used it to run international swiss tournaments, and weekend tournaments. There is a free trial, but registration is quite cheap
