The Agon ban of live broadcasting of Candidates games except on its own website

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
NickFaulks

Re: The Agon ban of live broadcasting of Candidates games except on its own website

Post by NickFaulks » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:36 pm

Roger de Coverly wrote:It's back, but they don't have any moves in the Topalov - Aronian game.
Nobody's got that, which is annoying because I can't work out how the position shown on the official site can be reached.
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a QR code stamped on a human face — forever.

Richard Bates

Re: The Agon ban of live broadcasting of Candidates games except on its own website

Post by Richard Bates » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:39 pm

NickFaulks wrote:
Roger de Coverly wrote:It's back, but they don't have any moves in the Topalov - Aronian game.
Nobody's got that, which is annoying because I can't work out how the position shown on the official site can be reached.
It's an English!

JustinHorton

Post by JustinHorton » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:40 pm

NickFaulks wrote:
Well I could tell you of course, but.....
"Do you play chess?"
"Yes, but I prefer a game with a better chance of cheating."

lostontime.blogspot.com

Roger de Coverly

Post by Roger de Coverly » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:43 pm

NickFaulks wrote:Everyone now seems to be up, although behind to varying degrees, except NRK.
That's still frozen where it stopped yesterday.

If there used to be a link from the main page via "sport" to the chess, that doesn't seem to be there either.

No one has reported how much TV coverage and of what quality , Norwegian TV viewers are getting.

Richard Bates

Post by Richard Bates » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:45 pm

Lol, the commentators are having fun trying to work out the moves of Nakamura-Svidler ;)

NickFaulks

Post by NickFaulks » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:46 pm

Richard Bates wrote: It's an English!
Sorry if I'm being dim, but where did the pieces get exchanged off? There had been no pawn captures.
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a QR code stamped on a human face — forever.

Richard Bates

Post by Richard Bates » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:48 pm

NickFaulks wrote:
Richard Bates wrote: It's an English!
Sorry if I'm being dim, but where did the pieces get exchanged off? There had been no pawn captures.
I would guess a Nd5xBb4

NickFaulks

Post by NickFaulks » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:52 pm

and Black took back with the Nc6, which was then pushed straight back again. Fair enough.

NickFaulks

Post by NickFaulks » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:53 pm

Svidler showing the Grunfeld player's proper disdain for a white pawn on d7.

NickFaulks

Post by NickFaulks » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:16 pm

I've just noticed that the official site now does give the full game history.

Richard Bates

Post by Richard Bates » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:36 pm

NickFaulks wrote:I've just noticed that the official site now does give the full game history.
Where? Am I in the wrong place?

JustinHorton

Post by JustinHorton » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:26 pm

Where?
"Do you play chess?"
"Yes, but I prefer a game with a better chance of cheating."

lostontime.blogspot.com

John McKenna

Post by John McKenna » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:41 pm

Don't keep encouraging Nick to incriminate himself.

Paul Dargan

Post by Paul Dargan » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:16 pm

Well the site keeps crashing for me - so I'm watching it somewhere else ...

Richard Bates

Post by Richard Bates » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:49 pm

Nice spot via S&B blog comments. Apparently one of Agon's much vaunted sponsors is contrary to the regulations as they are banned under IOC rules on approved products!