Official comment on quality of Candidates Broadcast

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
JustinHorton

Re: Official comment on quality of Candidates Broadcast

Post by JustinHorton » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:09 pm

Carl Hibbard wrote:
JustinHorton wrote:
JustinHorton wrote:
Good Lord, so we do.
....though not as yet on smartphones?
Not iPhone size it appears with single board but fine on iPad at bigger presentation.
Not on my Android phone either as far as I can see.
"Do you play chess?"
"Yes, but I prefer a game with a better chance of cheating."

lostontime.blogspot.com

Michael Mkpadi

Post by Michael Mkpadi » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:13 am

I am no longer watching the live broadcasts of the Candidates from Agon's chess site on my desktop computer and it has put me off the whole thing tbh

chess24, chessbomb, ICC, chessgames.com are all outlawed alternatives but I don't like the bad taste Agon has put in the mouth of chess fans regarding watch 3rd party chess broadcasts.

Anyway that is a debate being had on another thread but the interesting thing is I actually think the Agon's broadcast is bad as a broadcast but as a mobile app dashboard it works quite well. I can just see at a glance the state of all games, which are in play, results, last move played all on one page.

The problem is a game status dashboard like Agon's is not even a good baseline for a county chess league match let alone a World Championship Candidates.

But at least I wanted to share how Agon had invented the world most expensive tournament chess HUD.
Chess is a conversation. At Chess Club Live everyone can join that conversation whatever your elo rating. :D
http://social.chessclublive.com

Dewi Jones

Post by Dewi Jones » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:33 pm

I think an audio only feed of the commentary would be a good addition for a lower bandwidth way of keeping track of events when driving for example. I often try and have the audio running through my speakers (I drive a lot for work) but the fact that it's a video feed and that Wales does not have the best 4G coverage means it's always bloody buffering! :D

Michael Mkpadi

Post by Michael Mkpadi » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:39 pm

Dewi Jones wrote:I think an audio only feed of the commentary would be a good addition for a lower bandwidth way of keeping track of events when driving for example. I often try and have the audio running through my speakers (I drive a lot for work) but the fact that it's a video feed and that Wales does not have the best 4G coverage means it's always bloody buffering! :D
ICC radio mate. Register on ICC if you aren't already, they got an free trial offer (which covers time during the candidates tournament) they talk about the moves played. It used to be the old chess.fm which ICC bought I think. Great quality even on low bandwith, works on my phone on a train with little or no coverage.
Chess is a conversation. At Chess Club Live everyone can join that conversation whatever your elo rating. :D
http://social.chessclublive.com