A study-Like draw

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
soheil_hooshdaran

A study-Like draw

Post by soheil_hooshdaran » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:16 am

Please point out my mistakes:

Andrew Bak

Re: A study-Like draw

Post by Andrew Bak » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:39 am

I'm a KID player and I don't often see the plan of ...c6 and ...b5 so early but you seemed to get a pretty decent position from it especially when he let you play ...d5. Why couldn't White just take the rook after 14...d4 though?

After 20.Bd2 I'd have traded the dark squared bishop. This is usually your worst piece in the KID and here is no exception. This also would weaken White's control of e3 and c3 which might help you later.

After this you started to lose the thread, your pieces were just getting kicked around to bad squares and White had targets to feast on.

Nice drawing swindle at the end! Of course your opponent shouldn't have queened the e-pawn and just push the h-pawn down the board.

soheil_hooshdaran

Re: A study-Like draw

Post by soheil_hooshdaran » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:33 pm

Andrew Bak wrote:I'm a KID player and I don't often see the plan of ...c6 and ...b5 so early but you seemed to get a pretty decent position from it especially when he let you play ...d5.
I had the better development
Why couldn't White just take the rook after 14...d4 though?
He thought for a very long time.I think I would have decent compensation. Such sacrifices are normally based on intuition only. He couldn't do anything. my Bishop would come to e3 and become a monster. Bu controlling c1, I would control the only open file, and I would have a passed pawn in the center. Not the least the bishop pair, and all of these for a mere exchange.
I think
After 20.Bd2 I'd have traded the dark squared bishop. This is usually your worst piece in the KID and here is no exception. This also would weaken White's control of e3 and c3 which might help you later.
Yes, I should have....
After this you started to lose the thread, your pieces were just getting kicked around to bad squares and White had targets to feast on.

Nice drawing swindle at the end! Of course your opponent shouldn't have queened the e-pawn and just push the h-pawn down the board.
I thing he didn't expect it.His time was around 1 or 2 minutes at the end.
He had thought almost half an hour about Bxf8.He was justpushing woods afterwards for a while-like me.