Chess people talking down to you

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
John McKenna

Re: Chess people talking down to you

Post by John McKenna » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:38 pm

John Upham wrote:
Matt Mackenzie wrote:Wasn't he a tall b***er? And of fairly aristocratic heritage which of course fits the "other" meaning.

I don't think JHD was ever a butler unlike Reg Varney.

Butler was not well liked by Stephen Lewis.
You almost lost me when you went on the buses.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0063936/

John Reyes

Post by John Reyes » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:21 pm

Funny you said that

I went to the Lancashire Agm this Tuesday and I found some of the comments was not like

1) they was updated the ethois of the league and someone asked why it had to be in there?

2) I put myself forward to be the NCCU President, in which the Lancashire president, try to avoid it, till the motion was forced and told me that he was asked to put his name forward?

3) I have put my self forward to be ECF rep and twice NCCU rep and both time I have been force off
now I'm on a reserve list to be NCCU rep.

4) he has also try to said that I 2 been asked to play county chess, but I have turn it down, as it has clashed with working for the PDC darts and getting paid to do a job that I love

5) he also try to pouch one of my players as his word "he should be playing good players then the 140 on top board in our league" I did not know what to said to him?
Any postings on here represent my personal views only and also Dyslexia as well

John McKenna

Post by John McKenna » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:49 pm

Stan Butler would stand up to Blakey by introducing an overtime ban and working to rule...

Unless you can organise a players' union your options would seem to be very limited.