Does the DGT2010 have a design fault?

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
Roger de Coverly

Re: Does the DGT2010 have a design fault?

Post by Roger de Coverly » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:23 pm

NickFaulks wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:06 pm
What do you have to do?
From the manual
The Move Counter
The clock keeps track of the number of moves that have been completed. When starting
a new game the move counter has the value 0 (zero). The move counter changes when
the black player (see the icons on the display) has completed a move.
When the clock is running or paused, you may see the move number by pressing the "+ #" button. The running clock is not interrupted by this action
Second button from the left where start/stop is the third. It's always counting whether it uses the information or not.

It could be a bit distracting to the players, but the checks the arbiters were carrying out during play at the London Chess Classic Open, namely periodically recording clock times and move numbers according to the scoresheets could perhaps be extended to check that the clock and scoresheet were in agreement.

Stewart Reuben

Re: Does the DGT2010 have a design fault?

Post by Stewart Reuben » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:34 pm

Did they really amend the original design, without changing the number?
I have just realised what Roger may mean. There has always been such a button, possibly on the underside of the clock. Pressing that button gave the current number of pushes and vanished once another push happened. It needs to display the number of pushes all the time, without having to press a button during play.
Chronos has this option as does the US clock, the name of which I have forgotten, Exalibur?. I won't try to look it up while in Tenerife, having one at home.