DGT clocks sale price £25?

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
Martin Crichton

DGT clocks sale price £25?

Post by Martin Crichton » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:42 am

Hi Guys
wondering if anyone can help or advise? A few months ago at one of my chess clubs (I forgot which one) someone mentioned to me that digital clocks (unused) were available at £20 - £25 ..... this was maybe because they were end of line models or some other reason?
Anyway I have an occasional need to have one as sometimes friends visit and I would like to have one for blitz games... I don't mind forking out £20-£25.
Does anyone know where I can get such a digital clock or who is selling them at these prices?
Regards
Martin.
Member of "the strongest amateur chess club in London" (Cavendish)

my views are not representative of any clubs or organisations.

Dan Lambourne

Re: DGT clocks sale price £25?

Post by Dan Lambourne » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:28 am

You missed it, the offer was raised on this forum viewtopic.php?f=25&t=9364 and they were for clubs to purchase from the ECF. Redditch ordered some so that we could have more than one match on digital clocks, and I believe they arrived last week, although we won't be able to test them until the New Year.
Interestingly the post got removed from the ECFs own site, presumably because they were still getting orders when the offer has gone.

Martin Crichton

Post by Martin Crichton » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:56 am

thanks for the info and link...interesting read....

now where can I get the reduced price DGT clock? might try the ICU ...will be over there in 2 weeks :)

and fair play to DGT for showing initiative...

David Sedgwick

Post by David Sedgwick » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:22 pm

Martin Crichton wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:56 am
now where can I get the reduced price DGT clock? might try the ICU ...will be over there in 2 weeks :)
That is certainly worth trying.

You might also contact the ECF Office when they reopen on Tuesday 2nd January. It's possible that they have, or will have, a few which are surplus to requirements and you only want one.

With VAT and postage costs, the ECF ended up charging £21 for the DGT2010 and £26 for the DGT 3000.

The 2010s have been dispatched, as Dan L indicates. The 3000s are due to be received at the Office from DGT in the week commencing Monday 8th January.

Michael Flatt

Post by Michael Flatt » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:46 pm

I made an enquiry a few weeks ago for a Junior Association and the response from ECF Office was that I was too late.

Only those who managed to submit their request in the short window after the initial offer are likely to get them.

Martin Crichton

Post by Martin Crichton » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:46 pm

Hi David

sorted...thanks, the ICU purchased quite a few and I have just now reserved one for collection for 20 Euros on 3rd Jan. By pure co-incidence today Friday 22nd was their deadline for ICU members to buy or reserve the discounted clocks! the 3000 models were being offered to ICU members for 25 Euros. maybe I'll buy one of each? (joke) :D

Regards
Martin