What do I do?

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
Brian Towers

Re: What do I do?

Post by Brian Towers » Wed May 23, 2018 11:42 am

FIDE has a definition of sorts in its "Regulations for the Titles of Arbiters" -
General Regulations wrote:Only Swiss System Tournaments may be accepted in case that at least one (1) of them is an international FIDE rated chess event with at least 100 players, at least 30% FIDE rated players, and at least 7 rounds.
Which means that if you get an arbiter norm for an event like this you are excused the requirement to have norms in at least two different types of event - Swiss, round robin, team.

This would have to be standard as elsewhere more restrictive clauses apply to rapid and blitz.

and again
Requirements for the title of International Arbiter wrote:International FIDE rated chess events with at least 100 players, at least 30% FIDE rated players, and at least seven rounds (maximum one norm).
This is quite something as otherwise IA norms have to be for events of a standard where playing title norms are available rather than your bog standard weekender.
Ah, but I was so much older then. I'm younger than that now.

soheil_hooshdaran

Post by soheil_hooshdaran » Sun May 27, 2018 7:18 pm

Is there a FIDE law about the4 number of arbiters for a tournament?

soheil_hooshdaran

Post by soheil_hooshdaran » Mon May 28, 2018 9:29 am

One of the fide recommended books seems to be joe Gallagher's "chess combinations" as the title it reads in Russian. Which one of his books is it?