CerebralGym

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
Paul Dargan

CerebralGym

Post by Paul Dargan » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:56 pm

Interesting new venture form a Backgammon/Poker player.

Launch event is May13th - with David Howell there, plus bridge, backgammon, connect 4 and a raft of other activities...

http://cerebralgym.com/

Paul

Chris Goodall

Re: CerebralGym

Post by Chris Goodall » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:47 pm

Well they've invented a traditional village hall, but done in an unnecessarily expensive way in the last place that needed it. The hipsters will be thrilled.
Chris Goodall, formerly known as Chris Wardle. ECF Grader for the ancient kingdom of Bernicia (or Northumberland and Durham, if you prefer).
Newcastle is not in Scotland!

Paul Dargan

Post by Paul Dargan » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:02 pm

I'm not sure what your issue is Chris - I know James and thought this looked interesting - there's bound to be some coaching platform following along. These things are always going to happen first in high population, high disposable income areas - how else does it have a chance of making money?

Chris Goodall

Post by Chris Goodall » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:20 pm

It's certainly interesting, but if you're trying to collect 20 different things into one building, the ideal place for that business model is a remote Scottish island. Rather than London, where you can get any one of those 20 things to the same standard or better by jumping on a tube, without having to subsidise the other 19 that you're not interested in.

It reminds me of that Mind Sports International that Rachel Riley was fronting. The result of a very intelligent person looking at a wheel and thinking "is that really the best shape it can be?"
Chris Goodall, formerly known as Chris Wardle. ECF Grader for the ancient kingdom of Bernicia (or Northumberland and Durham, if you prefer).
Newcastle is not in Scotland!