Chess for Schools Package

Discussions regarding the 70,000 Free Chess Sets for Schools in England.
Carl Hibbard

Chess for Schools Package

Post by Carl Hibbard » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:18 am

The latest (rather large...) edition of the "Right Move" magazine I have just upload contains details of the new Chess for Schools package :!:
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Matt Harrison

Re: Chess for Schools Package

Post by Matt Harrison » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:50 pm

I note that the enclosed booklet refers to the Department for Education and Skills on the cover. This department was abolished in June 2007. Education is now the responsibility of the Department for Children, Schools and Families. This will need to be changed before this is sent out to schools who might notice the error.

Peter Turner

Post by Peter Turner » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:21 pm

Matt Harrison wrote:I note that the enclosed booklet refers to the Department for Education and Skills on the cover. This department was abolished in June 2007. Education is now the responsibility of the Department for Children, Schools and Families. This will need to be changed before this is sent out to schools who might notice the error.
Good evening Matt

Most of the material incuded in the booklet was my work as a result of a project supported by a grant from the DfES (since renamed) which I co-ordinated whilst Director of Junior Chess and Education. Another error is In the photograph of the Headmaster of Enderby Road solving a chess problem and the board is the wrong way round!! I took this photograph and did send a correction at time - honest.

Cheers

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:48 pm

It's been two weeks and no update from Kirstie and the "volunteers" advert has moved away from the home page

Back to normal then :(
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

andrew martin

Post by andrew martin » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:53 pm

Apologies Peter and Matt-quite right. Been rushed off my feet recently,but I am trying to get it corrected.

Andrew