Chess for schools website

Discussions regarding the 70,000 Free Chess Sets for Schools in England.
fergus christie

Re: Chess for schools website

Post by fergus christie » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:37 pm

All

I've been following the various comments re: the website.

It was set up as a pro bono gesture to suppport the project by Room 11 Design - using text and other info developed very much on the hoof.

If there is some-one within ECF or the project who can take over the site I'd be delighted to pass over the DreamWeaver files and the webaccess passwords etc. Holloid will of course continue to pay website costs for as long as the project lasts.

Regards

Fergus

Fergus christie
Sales Director
Holloid Plastics Limited

raycollett

Post by raycollett » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:15 pm

David Levens wrote:...this is a magnificent gesture, which should benefit English chess hugely, I wonder where all the coaches are coming from? David Levens
I agree. This is potentially the biggest chess development initiative ever in the UK. Training coaches is a longer-term project. What could be done immediately, however, is for County CAs and Leagues to be asked each to appoint a Junior Chess Development Officer or invite their current Junior Secretary to undertake this role. A policy for getting CRB applications in for all adults interested in helping junior chess is also required.

John Upham

Post by John Upham » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:37 pm

Is anyone able to say if the all of content available from

http://www.chessforschools.co.uk/

is current and it is publishing the right things?

The site does bear the official logo of the ECF...

I assume that FC continues to have editorial rights over this content and yet he is no longer (AFAIK) involved with the project.

Perhaps the editorial rights need to come under the control of the new, soon to be appointed, Director of Chess for Schools?
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess :D