Resignation

Discussions regarding the 70,000 Free Chess Sets for Schools in England.
JustinHorton

Re: Resignation

Post by JustinHorton » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:30 am

As you know very well, Professor, you have not been "blocked" from posting on S&B: you have posted there many times and remain free to do so. You have, however, had one somewhat aggressive contribution refused after having ignored a specific and open request to stick to the point. All internet forums have moderation policies: all occasionally delete inappropriate postings that ignore them.

I was aware of the meaning of "parasitic": but not, alas, of its applicability in this instance. Possibly you could be good enough to explain in detail how I "feeds off the energy and efforts of others" as opposed to, say, "not agreeing with everything that some people say"?

Or maybe Carl may prefer to delete your initial posting and all those derviving from it, which is what I would be inclined to do in his place. But pending that, I think I am entitled to a fuller explanation.

I should add, by the way, that the S&B blog is not "mine". Though some postings on it may be.
"Do you play chess?"
"Yes, but I prefer a game with a better chance of cheating."

lostontime.blogspot.com

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:40 am

I have taken all the action I am going to...

David does have a point after reading the blog that was mentioned however his post here went a little too far
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

JustinHorton

Post by JustinHorton » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:07 pm

Do we know who's specifically responsible for upkeep and update of the ECF website?
"Do you play chess?"

lostontime.blogspot.com

andrew martin

Post by andrew martin » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:20 pm

Just to prove that I am still very much alive and well, unaffected by the airbrushing, here is a photo taken by a friend shortly after my resignation.
Attachments
resignation worries.jpg
resignation worries.jpg (1.82 KiB) Viewed 5087 times

JustinHorton

Post by JustinHorton » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:26 pm

I have your old MacCutcheon French video and I can say you haven't changed a bit.
"Do you play chess?"

lostontime.blogspot.com

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:51 pm

andrew martin wrote:Just to prove that I am still very much alive and well, unaffected by the airbrushing, here is a photo taken by a friend shortly after my resignation.
Should I perhaps very quietly airbrush you out of here as well :lol:
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

andrew martin

Post by andrew martin » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:06 pm

I wanted to believe in the power of smiles,hugs, a kind word,truth,justice,peace,dreams,the imagination,mankind and making angels in the snow.

That is, until I encountered the Chess Sets for Schools project.

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:12 pm

Ernie Lazenby wrote:Its a good job you did not drink from the poisoned chalice, your reputation is intact.

In view of the deafening silence from the ECF I had started to think that those who handed you the chalice had drunk from it and died but no at least one is alive and well in Germany :lol: ; the other who knows, is he still around :!: :?:
There are a lot of "guests" logged on recently in the "who is online" at the bottom of the screen :wink:
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Charles W. Wood

Post by Charles W. Wood » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:15 pm

Martin Regan wrote:
So who's going to be next to step up to this glorious role?
I sense great excitement in Bradford :roll:

It is a great shame that the ECF should go through the process of appointing a Director for the project and then neglect to actually let him direct it.

The wrong person has resigned.
Bad comment, and I will hold it against you. :twisted: I don't think anyone in Bradford or anywhere in the country would be "happy" at loosing IM Andrew Martin from this project least of all me. Andrew and Nick were the two people who inspired me to coach, and as for Andrews involvement in the project, to me it was more than welcome and a sad loss now he has decided to step down.
Charles W. Wood
Captain of Legion

Paul McKeown

Post by Paul McKeown » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:35 pm

OK - so who's Bingley?

Matthew Turner

Post by Matthew Turner » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:46 am

Andrew, I have been considering what has been said over the last few days and I have some questions.

1. The John Robinson Trust gave a £100,000 loan to support the Chess for Schools initiative. Has any of this been spent yet?

2. Is there any of the Chess for Schools initiative that is still ongoing? academies?

Your resignation came after a phonecall to Julian Van Wyngaarden who you stress was a very honest and decent guy. The clear implication (as I read it) is that others involved with the project have been less honest. I would assume that you would not wish to comment on this, unless you wished to correct my flawed logic.

3. It would appear from your postings that Gerry Walsh has provided obstacles to what you have wished to achieve. Will you consider running against him for the Presidency of the ECF?

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:52 am

Matthew Turner wrote:3. It would appear from your postings that Gerry Walsh has provided obstacles to what you have wished to achieve. Will you consider running against him for the Presidency of the ECF?
I believe the presidency should be a figure head role nothing more - that person should not actually get involved in the day to day process

The CEO should organise everything
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

andrew martin

Post by andrew martin » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:22 am

Hi Matt

I have responded to you by PM.

I completely agree with Carl's last post.

Andrew

Steve Henderson

Post by Steve Henderson » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:20 pm

I also agree with Carl's post.

Maybe we should go for a proposal and change what ever needs changing so that the Presidents post is just that, a figure head position with no voting rights.

Maybe we should also consider adding that the President can hold no other position.

Just a thought :idea:

John Upham

Post by John Upham » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:07 pm

AFAIK, there is a major (no pun intended) problem with the direction (I don't mean forwards or backwards) of the Office Staff.

MR may wish to comment on this as I believe he attempted to remove GFWs influence over the office staff including web site content decisions. :x

I believe that the role of President should be stripped of all executive powers so that he or she is free to shake more hands and influence important people and spend more time abroad : in fact, the more time abroad the better. :roll:
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess :D