Yateley Manor launch - 8th July

Discussions regarding the 70,000 Free Chess Sets for Schools in England.
andrew martin

Yateley Manor launch - 8th July

Post by andrew martin » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:51 pm

Another CFS launch took place today at Yateley Manor. 9 schools attended as well as BBC Radio Solent and several reporters. The event,though relatively low-key, was a success. Larger events are planned for the autumn. Contact Caroline Morris at Holloid Plastics for more details.

When the Certificate of Merit website ( designed by John Upham) is complete and has been tested, The ECF will be ready to send helpful information packs into all schools. The project will pick up speed dramatically as the year goes by.

Andrew

Matthew Turner

Re: Yateley Manor launch - 8th July

Post by Matthew Turner » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:57 pm

Andrew,
I am surprised that we hadn't found out that this event was going to be taking place, but I can understand why there might be good reasons for this. You wouldn't for instance want 100 schools turning up demanding free sets. What I don't understand is why nothing has appeared on either the ECF or Holloid site about the Wilson's event. Have you any idea? Will there be a press release about the Yateley Manor event?

andrew martin

Re: Yateley Manor launch - 8th July

Post by andrew martin » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:44 pm

No idea. I guess the press release would come from Holloid.

I doubt there needs to be a press release about what happened this afternoon. Repesentatives of schools turned up. Kind words were said by Caroline,myself and Jonathan Hunt from Winchester College, representing the Hampshire Chess Association and everyone went away with their sets and boards.

That was it.