MartinCarpenter wrote: ↑Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:24 pm
We seem to have somehow lost the domain registration for Yorkshire chess, so....
Yes, I'd noticed that. If the change is permanent, I wonder if it would be too much too ask for a Yorkshire section on this forum to discuss Yorkshire League matches etc. ? Steve Mann has a website which he updates regularly with Yorkshire news but as far as I can see there is no forum or other means for visitors to comment.
MartinCarpenter wrote: ↑Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:24 pm
In general I'd fully welcome it, but it will actually have some non trivial consequences if it does happen - stuff like the Yorkshire league is already ECF affiliated but a lot of the local leagues aren't and have very low membership levels to boot. I've no idea if the annoyance at the ECF has burned itself out yet but this
is Yorkshire
It seems to me that local evening leagues will have three choices:
i.) get their members to join the ECF at the appropriate membership level to get league games ECF graded;
ii.) accept that league games won't be graded or;
iii.) set up their own local grading system.
I don't currently play in any evening leagues but my local chess association (Hull and District) went for option i.), sensibly in my opinion.