Congratulations to all winners.
ECF Awards 2021 and citations
- John Upham
- Posts: 8376
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:29 am
- Location: Cove, Hampshire, England.
- Contact:
ECF Awards 2021 and citations
Arbiter, Organiser, Swiss Mangler person, Rating Officer, Teacher, Coach and Photographer
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
-
Wadih Khoury
- Posts: 604
- Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:14 pm
Re: ECF Awards 2021 and citations
Well done Joe with 2 categories!
Well done to the other laureates too!
Well done to the other laureates too!
-
David Sedgwick
- Posts: 5252
- Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:56 pm
- Location: Croydon
- Contact:
Re: ECF Awards 2021 and citations
All the recipients are thoroughly deserving, but I was particularly pleased about the ECF President's Award made to Andy Howie.
Andy is the principal Fair Play Arbiter at the British Online Championships currently in progress. He is working from morning until night every day on this task, as he has done on numerous occasions at previous events.
I have a higher regard for him than I do for those who seek to demean and belittle his efforts, as some are currently doing on another thread. I am pleased that that was also the view of the ECF Awards Committee.
-
Paul Cooksey
- Posts: 2043
- Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:15 pm
Re: ECF Awards 2021 and citations
I'd just like to apologise to Andy if he gave Atkins that slightly generous adjudication in 1929.
-
Kevin Thurlow
- Posts: 6657
- Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:28 pm
Re: ECF Awards 2021 and citations
"Congratulations to all winners."
Agreed!
Agreed!