Ask The Director - Just a Marketing Con?

Debate directly related to English Chess Federation matters.
Paul McKeown

Ask The Director - Just a Marketing Con?

Post by Paul McKeown » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:46 pm

We undertake to reply to your question within 5 working days. If it is not possible to provide a full answer within this time-frame, perhaps because the question is complex or all the required information is not readily available, you will receive a reply explaining this within the time frame which will include an indication as to when you can expect to receive a full answer.
- https://britchess.wufoo.com/forms/r40su8j17cvhqu/

My experience is no answer of any kind months later...

J T Melsom

Re: Ask The Director - Just a Marketing Con?

Post by J T Melsom » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:59 pm

I received a very full answer within 24 hours. Perhaps your question has fallen through the gaps as sometimes happens in professional as well as predominantly volunteer organisations?

Roger Lancaster

Post by Roger Lancaster » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:44 pm

I think I can fairly say that, in my experience, the present generation of directors are usually quite prompt - some perhaps more so than others - in answering questions. As to Paul's question, I'd hesitate to comment without first knowing whether he has done the obvious thing and chased it up.

Mike Truran

Post by Mike Truran » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:15 am

Same question as elsewhere - why not just follow up directly with the ECF rather than kicking off on the forum?

As a for instance, why not PM or email me? It’s not as if you don’t know where to find me (or the Office, or my colleagues).

Paul McKeown

Post by Paul McKeown » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:59 pm

Suddenly, out of the blue, I have received a placeholder response in my inbox, promising a complete response within another month or so.

Thank you, Board.