Members' Representation

Debate directly related to English Chess Federation matters.
NickFaulks

Re: Members' Representation

Post by NickFaulks » Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:08 pm

Chris Fegan wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:45 pm
I have made it very clear on this Forum and elsewhere that I do not level any criticism at Natasha Regan.
In that case you might wish to disassociate yourself from Tim's remarks in your support, since it is clear that he feels otherwise.
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a QR code stamped on a human face — forever.

Chris Fegan

Post by Chris Fegan » Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:22 pm

NickFaulks wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:08 pm
Chris Fegan wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:45 pm
I have made it very clear on this Forum and elsewhere that I do not level any criticism at Natasha Regan.
In that case you might wish to disassociate yourself from Tim's remarks in your support, since it is clear that he feels otherwise.
Nick

I am not going to get into silly word games with you as you have sat in on Board meetings for the last few years and you know perfectly well where the fault tines have been and who is primarily to blame for the biased and politically motivated "hatchet job" of an NED report and this is Julian Clissold who has made a mockery of the job of an NED and has abused his position as Chair of the ECF Board and spent the best part of 2 years trying to get me off the ECF Board by hook or by crook at every turn. I will deal with this in great detail in my speech at the AGM.

I repeat again so that there can be no confusion, that I have no complaints against the behaviour of Natasha Regan.

Chris

Mike Gunn

Post by Mike Gunn » Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:09 pm

As a member of the Governance Committee I was surprised to read Tim Wall’s suggestion (in his communication to Silver members) that the Governance Committee has attacked Chris Fegan because he was standing against the incumbent chairman. The facts of the matter are these:.

1. On the 24th August the Governance Committee wrote to the NEDs suggesting that action be taken in respect of Chris’s breaches of his duties as a Director.

2. It is clear that the NEDs acted within the next few days because the Governance Committee dealt with some resulting questions in the last few days of August. At this time there had been no suggestion that Chris was contemplating standing for election as Chair of Governance Committee

So, Tim is right to point out that there is a causal link between the action of the NEDs and Chris standing for Chair of Governance; it is just that he has got cause and effect the wrong way round.

Readers will have to form their own view as to whether the Governance Committee report and the NEDs report are partisan or were actually properly satisfying an obligation to report to Council.

Chris Fegan

Post by Chris Fegan » Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:18 pm

Mike Gunn wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:09 pm

1. On the 24th August the Governance Committee wrote to the NEDs suggesting that action be taken in respect of Chris’s breaches of his duties as a Director.

Mike

I am surprised that you have posted as your colleagues are keeping a very low profile indeed.

I think you have missed out the word "alleged" between the words "Chris" and "breaches" above. As you and your colleagues never even told me that your kangaroo court was being held nor that any or what charges were being brought against me nor gave me any chance to defend myself, I think you have some explaining to do at the AGM.

Chris

JustinHorton

Post by JustinHorton » Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:29 pm

Chris Fegan wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:18 pm
As you and your colleagues never even told me that your kangaroo court was being held nor that any or what charges were being brought against me nor gave me any chance to defend myself,
This report states:
4.11 The NEDs raised the matter with CF. At the time of writing there has been no adequate response.
Is your contention that this is not true?
"Do you play chess?"
"Yes, but I prefer a game with a better chance of cheating."

lostontime.blogspot.com

Chris Fegan

Post by Chris Fegan » Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:37 pm

JustinHorton wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:29 pm
Chris Fegan wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:18 pm
As you and your colleagues never even told me that your kangaroo court was being held nor that any or what charges were being brought against me nor gave me any chance to defend myself,
This report states:
4.11 The NEDs raised the matter with CF. At the time of writing there has been no adequate response.
Is your contention that this is not true?
Absolutely it's not true. I responded to the NED's on several occasions but the response was never going to be "adequate" for Julian Clissold as he had donned his black cap and condemned me to the gallows already.

JustinHorton

Post by JustinHorton » Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:42 pm

So they simultaneously raised the matter with you and failed to give you any chance to defend yourself?
"Do you play chess?"

lostontime.blogspot.com

Chris Fegan

Post by Chris Fegan » Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:45 pm

JustinHorton wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:42 pm
So they simultaneously raised the matter with you and failed to give you any chance to defend yourself?
You are mistaking the Gov Committee for the NED's- please keep up or alternatively come to the AGM where you will heard the whole sordid story.

JustinHorton

Post by JustinHorton » Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:49 pm

Chris Fegan wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:45 pm
You are mistaking the Gov Committee for the NED's
Well not really Chris because if I follow the accounts above, the NEDs contacted you after themselves being induced to do so by the GC. So did the NEDs, for instance, give you no idea what specifically what this was about? Did they ask you for your observations in any way?
"Do you play chess?"

lostontime.blogspot.com

Chris Fegan

Post by Chris Fegan » Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:53 pm

JustinHorton wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:49 pm
Chris Fegan wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:45 pm
You are mistaking the Gov Committee for the NED's
Well not really Chris because if I follow the accounts above, the NEDs contacted you after themselves being induced to do so by the GC. So did the NEDs, for instance, give you no idea what specifically what this was about? Did they ask you for your observations in any way?
Come to the AGM and all will be revealed in full graphic detail.

JustinHorton

Post by JustinHorton » Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:56 pm

It would be perfectly possible to answer that straight question now. I will obviously not be at the AGM.
"Do you play chess?"

lostontime.blogspot.com

Nick Ivell

Post by Nick Ivell » Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:14 pm

Sometimes I wonder if making the 'case for Truran' is superfluous to requirements.

The opponents of Truran are so good at making that case themselves, without my prod.

Roger de Coverly

Post by Roger de Coverly » Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:24 pm

Chris Fegan wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:53 pm
Come to the AGM and all will be revealed in full graphic detail.
Surely the forces of evil will conspire to maintain your silence? Limiting the time available to individual speakers is one possible device.

In any event to the limited extent that the disenfranchised majority can influence those with votes, don't they need the story before the meeting?

J T Melsom

Post by J T Melsom » Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:35 pm

'story' being the correct word here. Thing is most people don't know whether Chris has a valid point to make or whether he'd be better off in a competition with Will Ritson at Wasdale Head. And so many are inclined to judge Chris on his reputation because he has done nothing during this election campaign to allow those who regard him as a bully to be less critical and re-badge him as someone who is just robust in expressing his views. I'd suggest most chess players prefer administrators cut from a rather different cloth.

Michael Farthing

Post by Michael Farthing » Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:02 pm

A thread on Mr Ritson wouid be far more entertaining than the current one. What about it J.T?