Page 1 of 1

ECF Rules updated

Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:04 pm
by John Swain
Some ECF Rules have been updated, as of 28 January 2022. These include those for Standards of Conduct for ECF Officials and the Complaints Procedure:

https://www.englishchess.org.uk/wp-cont ... icials.pdf

https://www.englishchess.org.uk/wp-cont ... cedure.pdf


Additionally, the Directors and Officers Responsibilities Regulations, which were amended on 31 December 2021, were amended again four weeks later:

https://www.englishchess.org.uk/wp-cont ... verted.pdf


The Register of Interests has also been updated, as of 31 January 2022 in respect of the Director of Junior Chess and Education:

https://view.officeapps.live.com/op/vie ... BROWSELINK

Re: ECF Rules updated

Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:49 pm
by John Upham
I note that for the Chief Executive specifically:

"Overall responsibility for the website, social media, the monthly newsletter
and the yearbook"

I asked MT about the multifarious ECF Twitter accounts (there are at least nine currently) including



https://twitter.com/ECFChiefExec

and

https://twitter.com/ecfwomen

and apparently he does not use Twitter and knew nothing of these accounts which purport to represent the ECF.

Meanwhile the new Director of Women's Chess is unable to access the Women's Chess ECF Twitter account as the login credentials were not recorded. Not only that but nobody seems to know who set the account up in the first place!

Re: ECF Rules updated

Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:18 pm
by J T Melsom
John Upham wrote: ↑
Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:49 pm
I note that for the Chief Executive specifically:

"Overall responsibility for the website, social media, the monthly newsletter
and the yearbook"

I asked MT about the multifarious ECF Twitter accounts (there are at least nine currently) including



https://twitter.com/ECFChiefExec

and

https://twitter.com/ecfwomen

and apparently he does not use Twitter and knew nothing of these accounts which purport to represent the ECF.

Meanwhile the new Director of Women's Chess is unable to access the Women's Chess ECF Twitter account as the login credentials were not recorded. Not only that but nobody seems to know who set the account up in the first place!
Other than highlight for the benefit of forum members a relatively minor problem with ECF administration, what does this post achieve other than criticise the Chief Exec? You consistently ask people to correct your errors in private. Perhaps you could be fair-minded in your treatment of matters that go wrong on the watch of others. It is not as if Mike Truran doesn't have a large enough remit as Chief Exec, to micro manage every aspect of social media engagement. I suspect the turnover of volunteers in this area and COVID disruption are reasons for any issues, in much the same way as many local pubs find websites and Facebook pages not transferring when the management moves on. Not good, but not that remarkable.

Re: ECF Rules updated

Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:11 am
by John Upham
I'm pleased to note that a new ECF Twitter account has been created:

https://twitter.com/ecf_women : ECF Women's Chess

bringing the total to 10.

I'd like to suggest that the Social Media Manager (Danny R.) work with Twitter to have the various moribund and defunct accounts removed. I'm sure he has the authority to do this.