Page 1 of 1

Race Representation Index report

Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:09 pm
by JustinHorton
I came across this Guardian piece about "the inaugural Race Representation Index", compiled by the charity Sporting Equals and downloadable here. The Index seeks to track racial diversity (and progress in increasing same) across the governing bodies of different sports, in their governance, leadership, hiring and appointments etc.

I'm aware that our game is not viewed officially as a sport in the UK and that our Federation was not contacted in connection with the report, but naturally I was curious as to how we would get on were we invited to take part in such a survey.

Re: Race Representation Index report

Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:19 pm
by Paul Cooksey
JustinHorton wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:09 pm
I was curious as to how we would get on were we invited to take part in such a survey.
C for the board if I understand the methodology, on the basis 8% of the board is Shohreh. I'd guess similar in other tiers, although I doubt anyone knows or could find out.

Re: Race Representation Index report

Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:51 pm
by NickFaulks
.

Re: Race Representation Index report

Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:08 pm
by Paul Cooksey
Apologies to Shohreh. I have now corrected

Re: Race Representation Index report

Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:14 pm
by NickFaulks
Do we know whether nations in Asia and Africa are tracked by these indices?

Re: Race Representation Index report

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:52 pm
by Richard Thursby
NickFaulks wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:14 pm
Do we know whether nations in Asia and Africa are tracked by these indices?
Given it's a British institution, probably not, simply by definition of remit.

At least one nation in Africa had something similar at one stage, otherwise the final day of the 2005 Ashes may have looked rather different.

Re: Race Representation Index report

Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:21 pm
by Chris Goodall
JustinHorton wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:09 pm
I'm aware that our game is not viewed officially as a sport in the UK and that our Federation was not contacted in connection with the report, but naturally I was curious as to how we would get on were we invited to take part in such a survey.
It's dangerous to speculate. Someone is guaranteed to mistake an Is for an Ought.