"Your Automated Payment Lapsed"

Debate directly related to English Chess Federation matters.
Matt Mackenzie

"Your Automated Payment Lapsed"

Post by Matt Mackenzie » Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:10 pm

At the start of the month I got an email from the ECF saying that my automated payment timed for 31st August had "failed" and was thus invalid. No further explanation was given and I have not had this problem recently with anywhere else that I make electronic payments to.

I emailed back (citing my membership number) for further details, but have not had a reply.

How do you go about rectifying this? Especially when you can't remember a username and password you last used years before :roll:
"Set up your attacks so that when the fire is out, it isn't out!" (H N Pillsbury)

David Gilbert

Re: "Your AutomatedPayment Lapsed"

Post by David Gilbert » Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:56 pm

Your user name is your last membership number. ME******. Then click on forgot password and you’ll be sent one to the email address on your record. But is it possible you might have been scammed? If in doubt I suggest you ring the Office.

Roger de Coverly

Re: "Your AutomatedPayment Lapsed"

Post by Roger de Coverly » Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:24 pm

David Gilbert wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:56 pm
Your user name is your last membership number. ME******. Then click on forgot password and you’ll be sent one to the email address on your record.
If you set up an automatic payment with a credit card, it gets cancelled when the credit card hits its expiry date.

Matt Mackenzie

Re: "Your Automated Payment Lapsed"

Post by Matt Mackenzie » Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:45 pm

Ah right, that used to be more of a problem a few years ago than it is now. Maybe the office needs to update its gizmos :)
"Set up your attacks so that when the fire is out, it isn't out!" (H N Pillsbury)

Matt Mackenzie

Post by Matt Mackenzie » Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:02 pm

Now trying to sort this out, clicked on the link to get a "new" password but still haven't had a response several hours later.

LawrenceCooper

Post by LawrenceCooper » Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:42 am

Matt Mackenzie wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:02 pm
Now trying to sort this out, clicked on the link to get a "new" password but still haven't had a response several hours later.
I would recommend phoning the office. I've always found them very helpful with membership renewals.

Matt Mackenzie

Post by Matt Mackenzie » Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:03 pm

No need, got an email from Andrew Walker this morning and everything is now sorted :)