How can the ECF be improved?

Debate directly related to English Chess Federation matters.
Elliott Auckland

How can the ECF be improved?

Post by Elliott Auckland » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:29 pm

For this question to be achieved, we have to look at a few things...

1) What do you believe is bad about the ECF, area's that need improving, and why do they fail? How can they be improved?

2) What do you believe is good about the ECF, why are they good? and can any reasons be used to help area's which fail to reach expectations?

3) What Ideas do you have for improving any area's of the ECF?

Speculating as individuals won't get us anywhere, working together will. Pesimissm won't get us anywhere, optimism will this ECF has all the potential in the world, with thousands of inteligent members.

Any opinions would be great,

Cheers
Elliott Auckland

Nigel Wright

Re: How can the ECF be improved?

Post by Nigel Wright » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:22 am

Optimism only works if the people in charge do their jobs properly. How is that possible now the people who we need to lead us forward have had to resign? I know I'm being pessimistic, but is there any other outlook on the current situation?
To Drink or not to Drink, that is the question.

I Drink therefore I am.

I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

Sean Hewitt

Re: How can the ECF be improved?

Post by Sean Hewitt » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:53 pm

Nigel Wright wrote:Optimism only works if the people in charge do their jobs properly. How is that possible now the people who we need to lead us forward have had to resign? I know I'm being pessimistic, but is there any other outlook on the current situation?
To be fair Nigel, they didnt have to resign - they chose to do so. This often happens in business when executives want to take the company in one direction, but the shareholders dont concur.

The fundamental question is - do players want to pay more so that the ECF can spend more money on its chess activities, or do they want to pay the same (or less) in which case the ECF must cut its cloth accordingly. How the players fund the ECF (game fee or membership) is important, but not as important as this question in my opinion.