Farewell new ECF

Debate directly related to English Chess Federation matters.
Carl Hibbard

Re: Farewell new ECF

Post by Carl Hibbard » Thu May 08, 2008 5:19 pm

Ernie Lazenby wrote:An 'interesting' post has appeared on the Atticus Chess Club forum under the heading 'Farewell new ECF' Hello 'New Gerontocracy'
Dont need to register to read the post. Strong stuff but sums up a lot of whats being discussed on this forum.
Sorry I dont know how to post a link- if you are interested you will find it.
It's here

http://www.atticuschess.org.uk/forum/ph ... .php?t=359
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Charles W. Wood

Post by Charles W. Wood » Thu May 08, 2008 6:20 pm

DavidFryer wrote:I heard an item on the radio about David's taking over the world - something about parent's naming their children David because this gives them the best chance in business or politics or something like that anyway.

Who is the David posting on Atticus?

PS its not me
We are not miles away from being near the mark as far as doing the job right. This civil war talk is just silly talk, but each to their own. Are David and Rexel related do we think?
Charles W. Wood
Captain of Legion

David Robertson

Post by David Robertson » Thu May 08, 2008 11:24 pm

Are David and Rexel related do we think?
No, we aren't.

But skimming through numerous posts on many topics in here, Charles W Wood and two short planks clearly are.

David Robertson
Atticus CC

Charles W. Wood

Post by Charles W. Wood » Thu May 08, 2008 11:31 pm

David Robertson wrote:
Are David and Rexel related do we think?
No, we aren't.

But skimming through numerous posts on many topics in here, Charles W Wood and two short planks clearly are.

David Robertson
Atticus CC
LOL :lol: Wood and planks well done, the comment was more to do with the idea of a new body.
Since then I have had many conversations about the work you have done. Which is very good and has helped make your neck of the woods a stronger area. Relating you to a nutter like Rexel is bad taste and you obviously are not even on the same plato. I am still a believer of changing the "New ECF" into a better body, but I do believe that everyone should have their opinion in noted, I only want to hear their opinion out in the open arena.

What do you think the way forward is, if any is needed?
Charles W. Wood
Captain of Legion