ECF BOARD TARGETS 2007/8

Debate directly related to English Chess Federation matters.
David Robertson

Post by David Robertson » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:17 pm

This is more like it! There's some good targets here, and some quite absurd stuff too. For example, the general conservatism of the ambition - to do more of the same old stuff. Surely it's time to prune some of the deadwood if only to let other shoots flourish. And then there is the need to distinguish between a vacuous 'wishlist' and genuine performance measures. There's too much 'apple pie-and-motherhood' in alot of this list, and not enough realistic business planning.

But at least Martin is putting up some Performance Indicators against which he and his executive can be judged and held to account. This is the way to run a sensible organisation.

But wait! What if Martin Regan et al fail to deliver against their targets? What if their ambitions for the improvement of English chess fall short? No worries, I guess. We can always fall back on the 'golden age' of Gerry Walsh and his team :D

David

Nigel Wright

Post by Nigel Wright » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:19 pm

Wow, I didn't realise the ECF did all this stuff! It's quite a lot when you think about it! Good luck with all that! :)
To Drink or not to Drink, that is the question.

I Drink therefore I am.

I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

Gavin Strachan

Targets

Post by Gavin Strachan » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:58 am

It is good to see the targets on the forum. Perhaps some form of a strategy needs to be in place to show how the targets are going to be completed and a completion dates. Target numbers would be useful too (i.e. 10% increase in NCC entry or 25% rise in membership)

Charles W. Wood

Re: ECF BOARD TARGETS 2007/8

Post by Charles W. Wood » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:48 am

Martin certainly got the Sponsorship target up. See Chess for Schools thread. I like the idea of posting the targets on here. Good call, well done I think alot of the targets are being hit.
Charles W. Wood
Captain of Legion