Page 1 of 2
Re: ECF Press Office.
Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:38 pm
by Chris Majer
About eight years we had a Publicity Director. When he retired, we appointed a Marketing Director with the intention that he would appoint a Publicity Officer as part of his team. As far as I can remember he never found anybody and since then no one has ever been found.
I'm sure that a volunteer would be gratefully received.

Re: ECF Press Office.
Posted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:12 am
by Nigel Wright
Chris Majer wrote:I'm sure that a volunteer would be gratefully received.

Now wouldn't that be nice... but where would we find one of those, is the question, unfortunately
Re: ECF Press Office.
Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:57 pm
by Greg Breed
Give me a laptop, a broadband connection and a brief and I'll volunteer.
Oh, and a motorbike would be nice

Re: ECF Press Office.
Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:38 pm
by John Upham
An open question to Ben Edgell :
Are you now contributing content to the ECF web site (which appears under your name)?
Re: ECF Press Office.
Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:38 pm
by Ben Purton
Upham, Why have you got that pic on all the websites. of me. Thats me playing for the old Slough 1 in division 1, when i was 16
Re: ECF Press Office.
Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:25 pm
by benedgell
Don't think the content's under my name, but certainly I'm contributing to the ECF Site. I missed the first week because I was away with the London Design Festival, but since then I've contacted every congress to get the results each Monday, and forwarded any results I was told about to the site. Also, I tried to do a short interview by email with each of the participants of the European Youth Championships. I only got one reply, and here's the link to it if you're interested.
http://www.englishchess.org.uk/index.ph ... &Itemid=50
Of course any suggestion's as far as gaining chess publicity are very welcome.
Re: ECF Press Office.
Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:35 pm
by Michele Clack
That is an interesting interview with Matthew Wadsworth Ben. He looks to be a good prospect. I hope you carry on with this and hopefully as people get used to it it will get more responses.
Re: ECF Press Office.
Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:19 pm
by John Upham
benedgell wrote:Don't think the content's under my name, but certainly I'm contributing to the ECF Site.
Ben,
If you speak with Andrew Walker he can set you up as a Joomla user allowing you to publish items yourself.
I think Lawrence works this way?
Re: ECF Press Office.
Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:23 pm
by LozCooper
John Upham wrote:benedgell wrote:Don't think the content's under my name, but certainly I'm contributing to the ECF Site.
Ben,
If you speak with Andrew Walker he can set you up as a Joomla user allowing you to publish items yourself.
I think Lawrence works this way?
I send my round-up to Andrew each week (normally on Tuesday after the latest TWIC is published) who then posts it to the site.
Lawrence
Re: ECF Press Office.
Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:26 pm
by John Upham
There is a facility for registered users (that are granted permission) to publish their own material. I had hoped that this was being used.
Re: ECF Press Office.
Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:34 pm
by benedgell
Some good news to report. I got an email a week or so ago forwarded from Mark Rivlin, expressing an interest in helping the ECF with regards publicity. I thought it would be a great shame to turn away someone with many years experience in journalism and pr, and so offered to collaborate on the role of Publicity Officer with him. Mark accepted this offer, so as of a few days ago, we now have co- Publicity Officers.

Re: ECF Press Office.
Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:45 pm
by John Upham
Ben,
When an enquiry comes to the ECF Office and this enquiry is from the media, how is it currently handled?
In other words, The ECF might have multiple Publicity Officers but does it have at least one Press Officer? If so, who is it?
Re: ECF Press Office.
Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:53 pm
by benedgell
Umm... good question. I would assume Stewart Reuben would be the person who the ECF contacts, but as I've no experience of this situation arising yet, it's purely a guess.
Re: ECF Press Office.
Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:26 pm
by John Upham
Ben,
Can you suggest to CG then whenever a media enquiry goes to the Office that your details are given out? The ECF web site needs updating to reflect this.
Re: ECF Press Office.
Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:03 am
by benedgell
Sorry it's taken a while to get back to you on this, John. There is no press officer as such, but when media enquiries go to the Office, they are in the first instance forwarded to Stewart Reuben. I'd ideally like to deal with enquiries myself as part of the Publicity Officer role, but with work commitments I couldn't guarantee being available to answer them, especially if they need a response fairly swiftly.