Registration with FIDE

Debate directly related to English Chess Federation matters.
Matthew Turner

Re: Registration with FIDE

Post by Matthew Turner » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:38 am

Andy,
Hopefully they should work now.

andrew martin

Post by andrew martin » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:47 am

That's it, thank you!

David Sedgwick

Post by David Sedgwick » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:58 am

Roger de Coverly wrote: The KNSB (Dutch) are willing to speak out even if the ECF isn't

http://www.chessvibes.com/reports/dutch ... threatened
As is Silvio Danailov, European Chess Union President

http://www.englishchess.org.uk/wp-conte ... TER-44.pdf

Roger de Coverly

Post by Roger de Coverly » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:27 am

David Sedgwick wrote:As is Silvio Danailov, European Chess Union President

http://www.englishchess.org.uk/wp-conte ... TER-44.pdf
from which
I am pretty sure that the annual payment of licenses, no matter the amount, would instantly decrease the number of active chess players ready to participate in the competitions even by half
Is that not what the ECF are proposing domestically, namely an annual payment of a license?

Mike Truran

Post by Mike Truran » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:31 am

For ****'* sake! Why do you have to hijack every thread you can to fuel your obsession with the ECF's proposals?

Roger de Coverly

Post by Roger de Coverly » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:41 am

Mike Truran wrote:For f****'* sake! Why do you have to hijack every thread you can to fuel your obsession with the ECF's proposals?

Do you agree or disagree that FIDE's attempt to introduce an annual payment for players to remain on the FIDE rating list is much the same as the ECF's attempt to collect £ 27 from every player with an active ENG rating?
4. Registration & License Fees
Registration Fee is a one-time payment – 10 Euro
License Fee for 1-year – 30 Euro; 4-years – 100 Euro; Life – 500 Euro
The ECF has been silent on this issue.

Paul McKeown

Post by Paul McKeown » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:56 am

Reading through this thread I have to say I was gobsmacked by Alex H's Panglossian interpretation of FIDE's motives.

Anyone who is not cynical of FIDE knows nothing of how it operates.

Kirsan and his mates have simply dreamed up yet another scam to divert large amounts of money into the current accounts of FIDE representatives of non-chess playing nations in return for their support, whilst he creams off the rest.

If this passes, then the last semblance of democracy in FIDE will be gone.

Personally I would find this to be the best possible result, as those nations in which chess was actually played would ultimately be forced out and would found a more suitable international federation to be run for the benefit of chess players, rather than shysters.

Mike Truran

Post by Mike Truran » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:07 am

Do you agree or disagree that FIDE's attempt to introduce an annual payment for players to remain on the FIDE rating list is much the same as the ECF's attempt to collect £ 27 from every player with an active ENG rating?
As usual, you refuse to answer the actual question (why you feel the need to hijack other threads) in an attempt to get back to your own agenda.

For the avoidance of doubt, most of us have grasped the issues involved, and don't need you to relentlessly ram your own views down our throats. We just don't agree with you or your analysis.

As for Paul's summary of FIDE and its motivations, I couldn't agree more. Once the federations and tournaments that prop up this corrupt regime withdraw their cheque books, maybe an international organisation that is actually interested in promoting chess could be set up.

Roger de Coverly

Post by Roger de Coverly » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:16 am

Mike Truran wrote: As for Paul's summary of FIDE and its motivations, I couldn't agree more. Once the federations and tournaments that prop up this corrupt regime withdraw their cheque books, maybe an international organisation that is actually interested in promoting chess could be set up.
I doubt if there's disagreement there. The ECF have not, even domestically, commented on the proposal.

If, not that you can, set aside the dubious nature of FIDE, their proposal of a 30 Euro a year fee to stay on the FIDE rating list is equivalent both in concept and amount, to the ECF's £ 27 a year charge for the same thing.

Simon Spivack

Post by Simon Spivack » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:46 pm

Paul McKeown wrote:Anyone who is not cynical of FIDE knows nothing of how it operates.

Kirsan and his mates have simply dreamed up yet another scam to divert large amounts of money into the current accounts of FIDE representatives of non-chess playing nations in return for their support, whilst he creams off the rest.
Quite so. When that accomplished dancer Campomanes ran FIDE he raked off the fees from the world title matches to pay his claque. When the music stopped and Il'Lunatic took over, the new patrons were the people of a poverty stricken republic to the north of the Caucasus, for the money from the centre destined for them got diverted; it can happen to any stream, particularly a money one, as we know.

Given the outlook for the world economy is so uncertain, that there has been a change in the presidency of a certain republic and that the future oil price is difficult to predict, it could be that a new revenue stream is required. Perhaps some alien from Alpha Centauri could advise on what the future holds for Il'Lunatic.

However, should Roger be right, and the ECF go the way of FIDE; I trust the powers that be will offer me a monkey for my zero votes.

Roger de Coverly

Post by Roger de Coverly » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:14 pm

ChessVibes are reporting that the proposal for a FIDE player licensing or registration scheme was dropped without being discussed.

http://www.chessvibes.com/reports/82nd- ... rs-allayed

The report doesn't say whether the proposal to remove agreed draws was also binned.

http://www.fide.com/component/content/a ... lease.html