How many votes does my ECF delegate hold?

Debate directly related to English Chess Federation matters.
Mike Truran

Re: How many votes does my ECF delegate hold?

Post by Mike Truran » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:53 pm

Boom boom. Keep them coming, Matthew.

As you well know, they're not my policies. Still, you've never been one to let the facts get in the way of a good prejudice.

Bill Porter

Post by Bill Porter » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:08 pm

Matthew Turner wrote:Don't worry Mike, I am sure with your policies you will not be the only person to suffer.
Mike Truran wrote:Boom boom. Keep them coming, Matthew.

As you well know, they're not my policies. Still, you've never been one to let the facts get in the way of a good prejudice.
Whose policies is Matthew Turner referring to ? :?

Roger de Coverly

Post by Roger de Coverly » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:16 pm

Bill Porter wrote: Whose policies is Matthew Turner referring to ? :?
If you attempt to enter a FIDE rated Congress in England as an ENG player without being an ECF Gold member, your entry will likely be declined. You will however be allowed to play in the 4NCL, for one weekend only, or outside of England. If you do this, the ECF has been known to write to FIDE asking that the player's rating be suspended.

They did this to Matthew Turner. The holder of 30 votes claims not to support this policy, but doesn't express opposition to it either.
Last edited by Roger de Coverly on Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mike Truran

Post by Mike Truran » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:30 pm

For the avoidance of doubt, let me repeat (not that you or Matthew seem to listen to anything I say) that I am opposed to any policy which suspends a player's rating if that player only played as a wild card in the 4NCL. The 4NCL's agreement with the ECF is clear - this should never happen to a wild card in the 4NCL. The ECF has also gone on record on this forum as saying that if this has happened to anyone they should contact the ECF.

To claim, as Matthew continues to claim, that this is 'my policy' is just a straight lie - and one which he continues to repeat shamelessly.

John Philpott

Post by John Philpott » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:48 pm

A consolidated version of the voting register including proxies is now available at http://www.englishchess.org.uk/wp-conte ... roxies.pdf

John Upham

Post by John Upham » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:56 pm

Just to be clear when I refer to "One Person, many Votes" I am explicitly referring to those who do not consult the organisations that they hold votes for.

Of those holding many votes I am sure that the majority do, in fact, seek a mandate.

Apologies if that was not clear.
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess :D

Angus French

Post by Angus French » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:33 pm

I notice that two of the three Non-Executive Directors have appointed a fellow Director as a proxy but in neither case is it the third Non-Executive Director. It's a small point but wouldn't it have been more appropriate to appoint the third Non-Exec?

benedgell

Post by benedgell » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:11 pm

Do we know which of the Directors/ potential Directors will/ won't be attending?

IM Jack Rudd

Post by IM Jack Rudd » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:17 pm

benedgell wrote:Do we know which of the Directors/ potential Directors will/ won't be attending?
I will not; I am currently in a somewhat fragile state of health, and what would end up as a six-hour journey in each direction is a bit too much.

Neville Belinfante

Post by Neville Belinfante » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:18 pm

I can confirm the following

I shall be at the meeting.
According to the consolidated Voting Register, published today, I have more votes than I was expecting.
John Upham has no involvement with any of the organisations I represent
I do not have a mandate to vote "None of the above" for all the directors. However I do not have a mandate banning me from doing so either.

Regards

Neville Belinfante

Alex Holowczak

Post by Alex Holowczak » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:38 pm

benedgell wrote:Do we know which of the Directors/ potential Directors will/ won't be attending?
I will be attending. I have 6 votes at this meeting. 3 as representatives of BUCA and Dudley League, and 3 proxies from Adam Raoof, Jack Rudd, and London Team Rapidplay.

benedgell

Post by benedgell » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:42 pm

So is Adam not attending?

Bill Porter

Post by Bill Porter » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:44 pm

benedgell wrote:So is Adam not attending?
No; See http://www.ecforum.org.uk/viewtopic.php ... 46#p102546

Ernie Lazenby

Post by Ernie Lazenby » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:48 pm

All a bit ify given Alex Mc will be there and no doubt the past years events will figure significantly. After such a year one would have expected Adam to be present but then again maybe not. :roll:

benedgell

Post by benedgell » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:52 pm

Bill Porter wrote:
benedgell wrote:So is Adam not attending?
No; See http://www.ecforum.org.uk/viewtopic.php ... 46#p102546
Thanks for the link, missed that. It's disappointing news. I understand the reason why he can't attend, but given Adam is hoping to becoming Marketing and Membership Director no election address + no attendance at the AGM to present his views on the role to council is a pretty poor first impression.