OMOV or an elected Council?

Debate directly related to English Chess Federation matters.
Carl Hibbard

Re: OMOV or an elected Council?

Post by Carl Hibbard » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:33 pm

Neil Graham wrote:As Mr Giddins has developed a number of derogatory sobriquets for his "favourite" posters on here are we now to refer to him as "Pip-squeak?"
An excellent plan :lol:
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Roger de Coverly

Post by Roger de Coverly » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:39 pm

you know who wrote:which reveal that out of 888 registered users, 800 have never posted anything at all!
If any of Mr G's moles are amongst the nearly 900 registered users, they could easily enough establish that far more than 88 people have posted to the forum. Even if you look down the names of those not posting, there are many familiar ones.

I think it can make sense, even for observers to register, since then features like "view new posts" or "view unread posts" can work.

Sebastian Stone

Post by Sebastian Stone » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:09 pm

Carl Hibbard wrote:
Ian Kingston wrote:
Neil Graham wrote:The membership of this board might give some clues. Someone (Ian Kingston I think) gave some useful analysis.
That was David Robertson, I think, in the '100,000 posts' thread.
Despite the inaccurate post of pip-squeak Giddins which he seems unable to correct it does appear 613 members have posted at least one post and we still get around 2,000 unique visitors per day

An inaccuracy he has just repeated. Does he not get why he is wrong or is he relying on his readership not fact checking him?
AKA Scott Stone

"Give a man fire and he's warm for a day, set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life."

That's Mr Stone to you, f**kface.

Neil Graham

Post by Neil Graham » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:56 am

Ian Kingston wrote:
Neil Graham wrote:The membership of this board might give some clues. Someone (Ian Kingston I think) gave some useful analysis.
That was David Robertson, I think, in the '100,000 posts' thread.
Although David started the thread, it was your own useful analysis at the foot of Page 1 I was thinking of.