What did Martin Regan Do?????????????

Debate directly related to English Chess Federation matters.
andrew martin

Re: What did Martin Regan Do?????????????

Post by andrew martin » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:26 am

I will just confirm so that there can be absolutely no doubt, that the Cof E and the C of M can and will work together successfully for the good of English Chess

Andrew

Peter Turner

Post by Peter Turner » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:29 am

Morning Andrew

You didn't need to tell me but thanks for saying so on the Forum.

ChessRegards
Peter T

Charles W. Wood

Post by Charles W. Wood » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:31 am

Peter Turner wrote:Morning Charles

Mmmmm ....... so you are not offering to send me your 'stuff'!! My email address is in the public domain - its on the ECF site. Pleased your package is selling overseas - hope it does not, by inference/association, appear to be endorsed/recommended by ECF!!

Regards

Peter T
It doesn't even have the ECF Logo with regard to accredited coaching or mention the ECF even exists. As for your email address, when I did find it in the pubic domain thats when I realised the stupid mistake I had made writing it down. The worst part about that is your email address is not that complicated either.
Charles W. Wood
Captain of Legion

Peter Turner

Post by Peter Turner » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:09 am

Peter Turner wrote:Morning Charles

Mmmmm ....... so you are not offering to send me your 'stuff'!!

Regards

Peter T
Morning again Charles

Just being a bit mischievous this morning, I'm sure you understood the point I was making about possible reference to ECF on your material. Don't worry about sending your 'stuff', I'm too busy marking CofE papers and send certificates at the moment!! :)

Sincere best wishes

Peter T

Neil Graham

Post by Neil Graham » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:12 am

Hi All

I've logged into the forum for the first time in a while having returned from the fog shrouded Izaak Walton Hotel at Dovedale where I'm busy with the English Senior Championship (one of the "what Martin did" list). How pleasant to be amongst a group of enthusiasts where good manners, courtesy and even English descriptive notation have a place.

Perhaps I'll log back in here next year sometime! :)

JustinHorton

Post by JustinHorton » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:01 am

Ah, descriptive notation, that reminds me...
"Do you play chess?"
"Yes, but I prefer a game with a better chance of cheating."

lostontime.blogspot.com

IM Jack Rudd

Post by IM Jack Rudd » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:37 pm

Ah, descriptive notation. I come across it occasionally when putting games into databases. Fortunately, the users of this notation tend to have very clear handwriting.

David Pardoe

Post by David Pardoe » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:39 pm

Sorry to say it...but this doesnt work...
I`ve logged in..typed a message..pressed the `submit` tab, and been returned with a message asking me to log on again.....by which time the orgiginal message has gone....
Not very good...
I should say that I first tried to `reply` to a message (having not logged on..). The`system` invited me to log on, which I did...and then the above senario occured. My message was fairly long, but not excessive..???
Anyone else experiencing this glitch.....?
BRING BACK THE BCF

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:04 am

David Pardoe wrote:Sorry to say it...but this doesnt work...
I`ve logged in..typed a message..pressed the `submit` tab, and been returned with a message asking me to log on again.....by which time the orgiginal message has gone....
Not very good...
I should say that I first tried to `reply` to a message (having not logged on..). The`system` invited me to log on, which I did...and then the above senario occured. My message was fairly long, but not excessive..???
Anyone else experiencing this glitch.....?
No and I cannot see any sign of an errors in the logs David, there is an idle session timeout of one hour if you leave yourself sitting in a browser but that's about all I can see

Please just try again :|
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

David Pardoe

Post by David Pardoe » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:21 am

Thanks for that Carl.... when you say session timeout after 1 hour, does that mean that, i you browse a thread for say 30 mins, then spend 31 mins typing in a responce...the system would timeout the session...~? :?
I`ve actually tried this twice, and failed both times........ I dont think I spent an hour typing....
BRING BACK THE BCF

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:39 am

David Pardoe wrote:Thanks for that Carl.... when you say session timeout after 1 hour, does that mean that, i you browse a thread for say 30 mins, then spend 31 mins typing in a responce...the system would timeout the session...~? :?
I`ve actually tried this twice, and failed both times........ I dont think I spent an hour typing....
No, you would have to be say sitting logged in for an hour - without doing anything, then try to submit a post...

There is also a limit of 60,000 characters on the length of a post but that is the only limits I can see

You need to try again and then document exactly what happens and then I "might" be able to see something

Date and time helps (error wise...) as I can wander through the Apache logs as well

Best I can do I am afraid unless other people have seen issues?
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Sean Hewitt

Post by Sean Hewitt » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:55 am

I have had this happen to me, but it is a problem at the user end rather than the server end. It's either because you've been idle, or there is a problem with your internet connection.

Either way, the solution is to copy the post before posting it. Then, if it does crash you simply log in again and paste the post.

It only ever seems to happen when I type long, detailed responses. :lol:

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:38 pm

Sean Hewitt wrote:I have had this happen to me, but it is a problem at the user end rather than the server end. It's either because you've been idle, or there is a problem with your internet connection.
This is the more likely the reason I have to agree :!:
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

E Michael White

Post by E Michael White » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:48 pm

Carl Hibbard wrote:
David Pardoe wrote:Thanks for that Carl.... when you say session timeout after 1 hour, does that mean that, i you browse a thread for say 30 mins, then spend 31 mins typing in a responce...the system would timeout the session...~? :?
No, you would have to be say sitting logged in for an hour - without doing anything, then try to submit a post...

There is also a limit of 60,000 characters on the length of a post but that is the only limits I can see

You need to try again and then document exactly what happens and then I "might" be able to see something

Date and time helps (error wise...) as I can wander through the Apache logs as well

Best I can do I am afraid unless other people have seen issues?
Carl . If you are typing away and dont send anything down the line it would not detect any action. Typing and scrolling in the input panel are not usually detected but clicking the preview button is.

If there is a potential problem with long postings maybe Simon Spivack should be asked for his view.

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:29 pm

E Michael White wrote:Carl . If you are typing away and dont send anything down the line it would not detect any action. Typing and scrolling in the input panel are not usually detected but clicking the preview button is.

If there is a potential problem with long postings maybe Simon Spivack should be asked for his view.
It is "possible" I suppose but an hour is a long time?
Cheers
Carl Hibbard