Page 9 of 9

Re: Who should the ECF Council elect as President?

Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:02 am
by Carl Hibbard
Let's leave it there and move on.
Can you pair just take up this matter privately please this is not really a issue for this forum.

Re: Who should the ECF Council elect as President?

Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:23 am
by Mick Norris
David Pardoe wrote: I`ve never had any communication from any congress organiser.
Well, you don't play in any congresses anymore :!:

You're a Gold member, so did you contact your reps to give them your views? Bill Armstrong set up an email address just to receive such views

You play 4NCL - your captain was consulted by Mike Truran, did you speak to Matthew to give him your view?

You used to play at Stockport in the same team as Peter Taylor, who is the organiser of the Stockport Rapidplay - did you speak to him about how the Stockport Rapidplay votes were to be cast? Or the Stockport League votes?

You play in the MCCU - did you contact Andrew Farthing to give him the benefit of your views?

Re: Who should the ECF Council elect as President?

Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:38 am
by Simon Brown
Hold the front page - the Forum election is now a tie!

Re: Who should the ECF Council elect as President?

Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:47 am
by Neil Graham
Simon Brown wrote:Hold the front page - the Forum election is now a tie!
...but wait, Edwards forges ahead by one vote!

Perhaps it might be time to close the poll down?

Re: Who should the ECF Council elect as President?

Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:09 am
by Roger de Coverly
Alex McFarlane wrote: It was not an argument over membership but over the implementation of the membership scheme.
Personally I regard them as the same. If membership causes difficulties of implementation, such that you need a concession of 14 months for the price of 12 to avoid it just being a surcharge on the entry fee, the fault lies in the concept itself.

It's going to be a potential problem at every future Championship Congress. Is the new President going to be involved in mundane matters like promoting and marketing the British Championships?

Re: Who should the ECF Council elect as President?

Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:58 am
by David Pardoe
Mick Norris wrote:
David Pardoe wrote: I`ve never had any communication from any congress organiser.
Well, you don't play in any congresses anymore :!:

You're a Gold member, so did you contact your reps to give them your views? Bill Armstrong set up an email address just to receive such views

You play 4NCL - your captain was consulted by Mike Truran, did you speak to Matthew to give him your view?

You used to play at Stockport in the same team as Peter Taylor, who is the organiser of the Stockport Rapidplay - did you speak to him about how the Stockport Rapidplay votes were to be cast? Or the Stockport League votes?

You play in the MCCU - did you contact Andrew Farthing to give him the benefit of your views?
Nice one Mick....???
Wasnt it you who was blowing your mouth off on here yesterday, showboating as usual, telling people that you found that whatever I said, you felt you should do the opposite of...!!
And I dont play any congresses any more....Really.
You`re out of touch on that one too..??
You actually reported the results of one of them on this very forum...
Rapidplays too....
And your rules are that people should contact the delegates, not the other way round..??
Get a grip

Re: Who should the ECF Council elect as President?

Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:14 am
by Mick Norris
David

I looked up your grading record
http://www.ecfgrading.org.uk/new/menu.p ... file=games

This relates to the period in question i.e. the season to which notional game fee paid by you is converted into a voting entitlement

Any congresses you played in since will be reflected in the next voting entitlement

Re: Who should the ECF Council elect as President?

Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:38 am
by David Pardoe
And did Matthew bother to follow up Mike Trurans request regarding voting by emailing or consulting his team in any way.
No he didn't.
That tells you all you need to know about this bogus delegate voting system....and the so called consulting that goes on.
And then we come to Manchester...where you told us that you had consulted your committee to seek there views, and you said you got a disappointingly low response, which was mixed. So you decided to shove the lot on Andrew Paulson?
What a surprise that was. ??
If half these people arent going to bother consulting with anyone, it demonstrates that the current voting system is just a sham.
And Sean still has his polling station open, three days after the election.
But we all know his fondness for counting late votes....as demonstrated at last years Stockportgate fiasco.

Re: Who should the ECF Council elect as President?

Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:40 am
by Paul McKeown
David,

I think most readers of the forum are rather baffled as to what is causing you to react in such a way. It isn't edifying. Would you perhaps like to state your criticisms or complaints in a way that others can actually understand, without getting personal about matters?

Re: Who should the ECF Council elect as President?

Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:49 am
by Mick Norris
David Pardoe wrote:And did Matthew bother to follow up Mike Trurans request regarding voting by emailing or consulting his team in any way.
No he didn't.
yes, he did

Re: Who should the ECF Council elect as President?

Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:54 am
by Mick Norris
David Pardoe wrote:And then we come to Manchester...where you told us that you had consulted your committee to seek there views, and you said you got a disappointingly low response, which was mixed. So you decided to shove the lot on Andrew Paulson?
What a surprise that was. ??
I sent MCF Council members a number of emails

I added up the responses

Andrew got more votes than Roger, so I asked Amin to vote accordingly

Last year, MCF Council supported Roger, not unanimously against Not this candidate, so I asked Amin to vote accordingly

My personal views were made known to MCF Council both times, but it is a democracy, so that's the way it works

Re: Who should the ECF Council elect as President?

Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:15 pm
by Kevin Thurlow
Anyway, the election is over, so the whole thread seems a bit pointless now. This is after all a historical dispute. I suggest Carl locks it.

Re: Who should the ECF Council elect as President?

Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:20 pm
by Roger de Coverly
Kevin Thurlow wrote: Anyway, the election is over, so the whole thread seems a bit pointless now.
In six months time, the Finance Council may be asked for a lot of funding to meet the promised objectives. In a year's time, the achievements against promises will no doubt be measured.

Re: Who should the ECF Council elect as President?

Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:08 pm
by Carl Hibbard
Kevin Thurlow wrote:Anyway, the election is over, so the whole thread seems a bit pointless now. This is after all a historical dispute. I suggest Carl locks it.
I think the topic has now run it's course.