AGM

Debate directly related to English Chess Federation matters.
Sean Hewitt
Posts: 2190
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:18 pm
Contact:

Re: AGM

Post by Sean Hewitt » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:13 pm

John Philpott wrote:Executive directors' reports all accepted on a show of hands, a couple with one vote against. We are now onto NEDs' reports, where there is going to be a verbal report by Sean Hewitt. There is now a procedural question as to the order in which the NEDs' reports should be taken. After some discussion, the agenda running order (Clissold, French, Hewitt) is being adhered to.
Julian Clissold objected to the published running order, wanting me to have to go first so that he could respond to my points subsequently.
John Reyes wrote:1st time at the ECF agm and can't wait to see what Sean Hewitt has to said!
Didn't realise I was box office :lol:

John Philpott

Re: AGM

Post by John Philpott » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:16 pm

I must have missed that from the back of the room. Nigel Short's report as outgoing FIDE delegate was only approved by 17-10 on a show of hands.

John Reyes
Posts: 332
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:51 pm
Location: Manchester

Re: AGM

Post by John Reyes » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:18 pm

Sean Hewitt wrote:
John Philpott wrote:Executive directors' reports all accepted on a show of hands, a couple with one vote against. We are now onto NEDs' reports, where there is going to be a verbal report by Sean Hewitt. There is now a procedural question as to the order in which the NEDs' reports should be taken. After some discussion, the agenda running order (Clissold, French, Hewitt) is being adhered to.
Julian Clissold objected to the published running order, wanting me to have to go first so that he could respond to my points subsequently.
John Reyes wrote:1st time at the ECF agm and can't wait to see what Sean Hewitt has to said!
Didn't realise I was box office :lol:

Lol
Any postings on here represent my personal views only

David Sedgwick
Posts: 3408
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:56 pm
Location: Croydon

Re: AGM

Post by David Sedgwick » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:23 pm

John Philpott wrote:Nigel Short's report as outgoing FIDE delegate was only approved by 17-10 on a show of hands.
What was the nature of the objections to the report?

John Philpott

Re: AGM

Post by John Philpott » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:35 pm

In response to a direct question from Angus French, Dominic Lawson has confirmed that if elected as President he would not seek to involve Ray Keene in ECF affairs.

No card vote will be needed on this post as Dominic was elected the new ECF President nem con on a hand vote.

John Reyes
Posts: 332
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:51 pm
Location: Manchester

Re: AGM

Post by John Reyes » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:39 pm

John Philpott wrote:In response to a direct question from Angus French, Dominic Lawson has confirmed that if elected as President he would not seek to involve Ray Keene in ECF affairs.

No card vote will be needed on this post as Dominic was elected the new ECF President nem con on a hand vote.
Did love the question that got a great laugh in the room
Any postings on here represent my personal views only

benedgell
Posts: 1252
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: Somerset
Contact:

Re: AGM

Post by benedgell » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:48 pm

If Game Fee discussion happens I'll be stunned :(

User avatar
Matthew Carr
Posts: 138
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:19 pm

Re: AGM

Post by Matthew Carr » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:52 pm

Thanks for the updates. Keep up the good work. :)

benedgell
Posts: 1252
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: Somerset
Contact:

Re: AGM

Post by benedgell » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:57 pm

Long discussion about Phil recommending candidates in his election address.

User avatar
Rob Thompson
Posts: 757
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:03 pm
Location: Behind you

Re: AGM

Post by Rob Thompson » Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:03 pm

First card vote of the day.
True glory lies in doing what deserves to be written; in writing what deserves to be read.

User avatar
Matthew Carr
Posts: 138
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:19 pm

Re: AGM

Post by Matthew Carr » Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:04 pm

Rob Thompson wrote:First card vote of the day.
What on?

User avatar
Rob Thompson
Posts: 757
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:03 pm
Location: Behind you

Re: AGM

Post by Rob Thompson » Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:12 pm

Election for CEO
True glory lies in doing what deserves to be written; in writing what deserves to be read.

John Philpott

Re: AGM

Post by John Philpott » Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:27 pm

The votes have been counted, but we have to get through the BCF Council meeting before the result is announced.

The BCF meeting did not take long. If only more meetings were like this.

Phil is back in by 176 votes to 59.

Sean Hewitt
Posts: 2190
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:18 pm
Contact:

Re: AGM

Post by Sean Hewitt » Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:32 pm

John Philpott wrote:Phil is back in by 176 to 59.
Be interesting to see if this is enough for him to change his ways. Let's hope so.

He seemed genuinely surprised when he was asked about his non-consensual style of management, and replied that he believed that he always sought consensus. That certainly raised a few eyebrows. :lol:

User avatar
Carl Hibbard
Posts: 5726
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:05 pm
Location: Evesham

Re: AGM

Post by Carl Hibbard » Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:47 pm

Only me reading your comments elsewhere John :lol:
Last edited by Carl Hibbard on Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Seems there are a few others. I forgot it's interactive over there.
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Post Reply