Standards of Conduct for ECF Officials

Debate directly related to English Chess Federation matters.
Alex McFarlane

Re: Standards of Conduct for ECF Officials

Post by Alex McFarlane » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:29 pm

Mike's question is all the more valid when it is known that on a previous occasion Phil Ehr refused to take action against a Director who used the F word. On that occasion the offended party was a mere Officer of the Federation. The lack of action on that occasion played a significant part in that person no longer being an official of the ECF.

One is therefore left to wonder
a) are double standards being involved?
b) if is this a not very subtle attempt to force an existing Director out of office by at least two other Directors (and a wannabe Director).

Andrew Zigmond

Re: Standards of Conduct for ECF Officials

Post by Andrew Zigmond » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:52 pm

Alex - I've taken the liberty of reposting your question on the official forum. I'm sorry if this was a bit cheeky but I must admit I'm interested to hear the response (I didn't copy over the a and b part).

Mike - perhaps you could make an allegation of maladministration about the entire way the complaint has been handled; leaving aside the fact that the complaint may not have been admissible in the first place there's the fact that the suspension was applied and served prior to the appeal being heard as well as the manner in which it was made public.

I'll throw something else into the mix. I don't think it's massively confidential that Dave Thomas covered the Home Directorship during the suspension as Alex H was allowed to appoint an alternate of his choice under ECF rules. Had this point not been brought to Alex's attention then I believe Phil Ehr or Bob Kane might have been able to grab the Directorship in Alex's forced absence. Make of that what you will.
Controller - Yorkshire League
Chairman - Harrogate Chess Club
All views expressed entirely my own