Not the 2015 AGM

Debate directly related to English Chess Federation matters.
Alex McFarlane

Not the 2015 AGM

Post by Alex McFarlane » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:30 pm

As one of the leading members of the cartel of arbiters and to confirm the beliefs of Chris Fegan I thought it only correct and proper that I should let you know what the main outcomes of the forthcoming ECF AGM will be.

Phil Ehr expands on his report. As he concludes at 5.30pm a request is made to extend the meeting.
He is asked to abridge his report. His revised report “Every other Executive Director is incompetent.” is accepted after the removal of the word 'other'. (His alternative 'Infamy!, Infamy! They've all got it in for me' was rejected as being too cliched even for him.)

John Philpot confirmed that the voting forms for the election of Directors had had to be reprinted following a clerical error which had seen None of the Above and Alex Holowczek's name appearing in size 3 font while the other names had been in size 14 font with the exception of Phil Ehr whose name had been in size 24 font. Phil denied that it had been deliberate or that he had got the idea on a trip to Dublin.

None of the Above is elected CEO by an overwhelming margin.
There was some confusion at the Commercial Director election when Chris Majer is asked if None of the Above can hold more than one position contrary to A43 (2) of the ECF Rules Handbook. Chris says this would be an unacceptable outcome.
None of the Above is successfully elected as Commercial Director.

The CEO(?) appoints Alex McFarlane as Strategy Advisor.
The first outcome of this action is that the Membership Scheme shall be revised and rebranded as the Chess Under Licence - Developing England's Significant Active Chess. The Board will therefore be able to convince potential sponsors that all chess in England is heading for a CULDESAC.
The ECF will be renamed as the Acceptable Chess Hierarchy (England) and will work with Chess in the Community under the title ACHE & Pein.

Alex H narrowly wins the Home Directorship election but is immediately suspended as he has not renewed his Chess Arbiter Association membership.
Both Davids Eustice and Thomas hold on to their positions after promising to control more events.
Malcolm Pein is allowed to become International Director after he agrees to increase the number of arbiters that he employs. Because of his known empathy for the subject it is suggested unsuccessful candidate David Openbook should consider the Manager of Women's Chess position.

The unsuccessful NED is Jack Rudd, the arbiter cartel having decided that it would not be democratic for every post to be held by an arbiter and besides Jack can almost be considered as a player!

When asked for his opinion of the meeting Bob Kane indicated it “passed off “– or something like that.
(We'll ignore the claims that he is 'inconsonant' – i.e. he can't control his vowels.)

The meeting ended at 6.31pm with none of the other items being reached.

NickFaulks

Re: Not the 2015 AGM

Post by NickFaulks » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:09 pm

Thanks, I was going to follow events live on the day but now I can go out.
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a QR code stamped on a human face — forever.

IanCalvert

Post by IanCalvert » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:29 pm

Alex McFarlane wrote: The unsuccessful NED is Jack Rudd, the arbiter cartel having decided that it would not be democratic for every post to be held by an arbiter and besides Jack can almost be considered as a player!
Whatever happened to arbiter meritocracy?... the Terror has begun.

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:34 pm

Alex the arbiter immediate ban
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Alan Kennedy

Post by Alan Kennedy » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:59 pm

Carl Hibbard wrote:Alex the arbiter immediate ban
Carl a ban from the forum is not nearly harsh enough. How about one of the following:

a. a ban from arbitrating all forms of chess or as a lesser sanction but still worse than being banned from the forum
b. a ban from using pairing cards during or after tournaments or
c. a ban from endless discussions with fellow arbiters about rule 10.2 breaches or
d. a ban eating crisps whilst arbitrating?

This is clearly a "kinder" form of chess politics.