Agreed about Julian chairing the meeting very well.
A couple of other thoughts in not particular order (some tongue-in-cheek):
- The ECF should endeavour not to have their AGM clash with major sporting events...
- It was a nice touch at the end that thanks and polite and appreciative applause was given to David Anderton (for his years of service), to Julian Clissold for chairing the meeting, to the ECF staff that ensured the meeting went well, and the thanks given to the outgoing committee members (hopefully that made the electoral defeat slightly easier to take).
- The introduction to Council of the new legal advisor was well done (though I am afraid I forget his name).
- The highlight of the AGM was the impassioned speech by David Robertson in support of the key points of the Pearce Report. Regardless of what you think of what needs doing there, it was a great piece of oratory and drew spontaneous applause from the audience at the end.
- The moments of humour helped in what was at times a weighty meeting - the moment when Phil referred to Alex H as McFarlane, when Traci remonstrated with the chair, when Richard Haddrell consistently opposed approval of all director reports (explained by John Philpott elsewhere).
- Paying close attention, you could see the moments when the tension between board members rose to the surface, with stray snipes here and there. Quite where the board goes from here, I don't know, but I hope they can all work together in whatever emerges after this result.