Page 1 of 10

ELECTIONS AGM LIVE Coverage

Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:18 pm
by Nick Grey
My coming out of retirement for football tomorrow is not happening. Opposition not got enough players - lots of calls to let them know, cancel the ref & will now have to go to a meeting soon. Hopefully will be given the cash for the pitch where there is nil chance of a replacement. Opposition lose 3 points plus fines likely to be in excess of £100. Not a call that ought to come on a Fri night.

No live chess in my plan this w/e.

So is the live coverage of the meeting, elections, etc happening? Where? :lol:

Re: ELECTIONS AGM LIVE Coverage

Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:43 pm
by Mike Truran
See reply in the other place.

Isn't this need to double post somewhat tiresome when just one forum would suffice? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Re: ELECTIONS AGM LIVE Coverage

Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:45 pm
by Carl Hibbard
Mike Truran wrote:See reply in the other place.

Isn't this need to double post somewhat tiresome when just one forum would suffice? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
No s**t.

Re: ELECTIONS AGM LIVE Coverage

Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:16 pm
by NickFaulks
I'm meeting one of the participants before the meeting tomorrow and he has suggested that I go along to the meeting with him. Will they let me in?

Re: ELECTIONS AGM LIVE Coverage

Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:10 pm
by John Philpott
Nick Faulks wrote
I'm meeting one of the participants before the meeting tomorrow and he has suggested that I go along to the meeting with him. Will they let me in?
Individuals who are not voting members of Council can only attend the meeting with the permission of the Chairman of the Meeting. Such permission is normally sought in advance.

Re: ELECTIONS AGM LIVE Coverage

Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:27 pm
by Brian Towers
John Philpott wrote:Nick Faulks wrote
I'm meeting one of the participants before the meeting tomorrow and he has suggested that I go along to the meeting with him. Will they let me in?
Individuals who are not voting members of Council can only attend the meeting with the permission of the Chairman of the Meeting. Such permission is normally sought in advance.
Surely the participant can just say that Nick is his "Strategic Advisor"?
Isn't there a precedent for that?

Re: ELECTIONS AGM LIVE Coverage

Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:45 pm
by NickFaulks
Apologies for my ignorance, but who is the Chairman of the Meeting?

Re: ELECTIONS AGM LIVE Coverage

Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:49 pm
by Angus French
NickFaulks wrote:Apologies for my ignorance, but who is the Chairman of the Meeting?
The agenda says the Board will recommend the appointment of Julian Clissold as Chairman for the meeting.

Re: ELECTIONS AGM LIVE Coverage

Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:56 pm
by NickFaulks
Thanks, I shall not trouble him at this time of night but shall see what happens when I arrive at the door.

Re: ELECTIONS AGM LIVE Coverage

Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:26 am
by Christopher Kreuzer
FWIW (not that much in light of the authoritative reply above), I asked this question back in 2011:

http://www.ecforum.org.uk/viewtopic.php ... 349#p68951

The "Can any member attend to observe?" bit (ignore the CJ bits of that thread). I found out then that you have to be listed on the voting register as a voting member (or holding a proxy) in order to vote. I arranged this myself back then (and attended the 2011 AGM where Phil Ehr was elected to the Board - my email suggests I considered the same for 2013, but I am not sure if I attended in the end or not). I have arranged in advance to attend the meeting later today, but this does need to be done in advance (it is usually not difficult to find someone willing to give you a proxy vote).

Stewart Reuben did say later on back in 2011: "I have long held that observers, giving adeqauate notice and provided there is space, should be allowed to attend the general meeting of the ECF. This is just as they were allowed to do so in the days of the BCF."

Re: ELECTIONS AGM LIVE Coverage

Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:46 pm
by John Reyes
Big turnout today

Re: ELECTIONS AGM LIVE Coverage

Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:51 pm
by John Reyes
I'm sitting near rj haddrell and already he has ask to repeat stuff twice!

Re: ELECTIONS AGM LIVE Coverage

Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:56 pm
by John Philpott
Published on elections thread, but this really belongs here.

We are now underway and have made reasonably quick process through the early items.

Julian Clissold confirmed as Chairman
Andrew Leadbetter and John Wickham appointed as tellers
Additional apologies from Marc Shaw and the PIF trustees
Minutes approved without amendment
Procedural Motion from Neville Belinfante to move items 16 (Communications), 17 (Strategy) and 18 (Register of interests) up the agenda so that these are considered prior to elections.

Now onto the Chief Executive's report.

Re: ELECTIONS AGM LIVE Coverage

Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:15 pm
by Nick Grey
Thanks John.

Re: ELECTIONS AGM LIVE Coverage

Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:36 pm
by Matthew Carr
John Philpott wrote:Published on elections thread, but this really belongs here.

We are now underway and have made reasonably quick process through the early items.

Julian Clissold confirmed as Chairman
Andrew Leadbetter and John Wickham appointed as tellers
Additional apologies from Marc Shaw and the PIF trustees
Minutes approved without amendment
Procedural Motion from Neville Belinfante to move items 16 (Communications), 17 (Strategy) and 18 (Register of interests) up the agenda so that these are considered prior to elections.

Now onto the Chief Executive's report.
Thank you John, keep up the good work, look forward to hearing more about the meeting.