Contact the ECF Publicity Manager

Debate directly related to English Chess Federation matters.
LawrenceCooper

Re: Contact the ECF Publicity Manager

Post by LawrenceCooper » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:02 pm

Gerry_Jepps wrote:
Indeed. But why isn't there a quick link on the home page?
Don't shoot the messenger :wink:

Mark Jordan

Post by Mark Jordan » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:28 am

LawrenceCooper wrote:
Gerry_Jepps wrote:
Indeed. But why isn't there a quick link on the home page?
Don't shoot the messenger :wink:
I don't see why we shouldn't get this sorted out tomorrow. Thanks for pointing it out Gerry!

Mark Jordan

Post by Mark Jordan » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:12 pm

There is now a link to the ECF Facebook on the website. You'll find it in the top right-hand corner of the homepage right above the Tradewise advert!

Angus French

Post by Angus French » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:45 pm

Mark Jordan wrote:There is now a link to the ECF Facebook on the website. You'll find it in the top right-hand corner of the homepage right above the Tradewise advert!
Mark, can I suggest either moving the Facebook and Twitter links to the left side, just above the Twitter feed relay or moving the Twitter feed relay over to the right side, just below the links? I think it makes sense to have the two Twitter components next to each other.

Mark Jordan

Post by Mark Jordan » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:43 pm

Good point- I'll suggest it!

David Gilbert

Post by David Gilbert » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:39 pm

Mark, would you be able to kick-start the Board's publicity engine for the National Club Championships that are now little more than a month away. There is a flyer on the Championsip web pages, but so far there's been no literature on show at weekend congresses. This weekend''s event in Coventry isn't too far from the Birmingham venue and could be a good place to start, then there's Blackpool and other congresses coming up.

Andrew Zigmond

Post by Andrew Zigmond » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:42 pm

Just on David's point, clubs are probably the least well represented chess institution within the ECF. While County Unions and Congresses have votes at council, as do individual members (up to a point) there is no unified national network of clubs.
Controller - Yorkshire League
Chairman - Harrogate Chess Club
All views expressed entirely my own

Mark Jordan

Post by Mark Jordan » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:52 pm

David Gilbert wrote:Mark, would you be able to kick-start the Board's publicity engine for the National Club Championships that are now little more than a month away. There is a flyer on the Championsip web pages, but so far there's been no literature on show at weekend congresses. This weekend''s event in Coventry isn't too far from the Birmingham venue and could be a good place to start, then there's Blackpool and other congresses coming up.
I'll look into this. Are you going to be at Coventry, David, or do you know anyone who will be there and can help. Perhaps I can get some flyers run-off and sent over.

Mark Jordan

Post by Mark Jordan » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:00 pm

Andrew Zigmond wrote:Just on David's point, clubs are probably the least well represented chess institution within the ECF. While County Unions and Congresses have votes at council, as do individual members (up to a point) there is no unified national network of clubs.

Sounds like a big project to attempt from a standing-start but a good idea nonetheless. If you've given this some thought I'd appreciate any ideas you may have to save me thinking them up all over again! best to email me on [email protected]

Thanks!

Brendan O'Gorman

Post by Brendan O'Gorman » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:12 pm

Mark Jordan wrote:
David Gilbert wrote:Mark, would you be able to kick-start the Board's publicity engine for the National Club Championships that are now little more than a month away. There is a flyer on the Championsip web pages, but so far there's been no literature on show at weekend congresses. This weekend''s event in Coventry isn't too far from the Birmingham venue and could be a good place to start, then there's Blackpool and other congresses coming up.
I'll look into this. Are you going to be at Coventry, David, or do you know anyone who will be there and can help. Perhaps I can get some flyers run-off and sent over.
Mark,
I've sent you an e-mail about this.

Mick Norris

Post by Mick Norris » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:50 pm

Andrew Zigmond wrote:Just on David's point, clubs are probably the least well represented chess institution within the ECF. While County Unions and Congresses have votes at council, as do individual members (up to a point) there is no unified national network of clubs.
A potential reform of Council, short of OMOV, would be for clubs to be voting members
Any postings on here represent my personal views

Mark Jordan

Post by Mark Jordan » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:06 pm

Mick Norris wrote:
A potential reform of Council, short of OMOV, would be for clubs to be voting members
A little beyond my remit, Mick.

Bob Kane

Post by Bob Kane » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:19 pm

Mark,
I created a database of chess clubs which you might find useful

Nick Grey

Post by Nick Grey » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:50 am

Mark - thanks for stepping in as a reserve at a league game on Monday. Against the legend Ken Inwood a champion long before I was born.
Something on league chess, or county chess was actually hoping we had some Crystal Palace Surrey Players v Crystal Palace Kent Players in the u160 match last Saturday.

Mark Jordan

Post by Mark Jordan » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:34 pm

Bob Kane wrote:Mark,
I created a database of chess clubs which you might find useful
I would!