Start Money Championship Sponsors

Debate directly related to English Chess Federation matters.
Post Reply
User avatar
Carl Hibbard
Posts: 5866
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:05 pm
Location: Evesham

Start Money Championship Sponsors

Post by Carl Hibbard » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:34 am

The ECF site lists new start money sponsors for the British with this information:-

ACCELERATED BRIDGING FINANCE LIMITED is sponsoring the start money for leading players participating in the British Chess Championship. This company provides loans that are not available from high street banks..

Address: 3 Blundellsands Road East, Blundellsands, Liverpool L23 6TF

Posting on behalf of Matthew Turner who comments to me:-

This sounds a little odd to me, but I have googled and I can find no
reference to that company at that address. In fact a search via the
postcode yields

Craignair: 3 Blundellsands Road West, Blundellsands, Liverpool, L23 6TF.
Owned by Mr & Mrs Neale. Dementia. Longer stay / Short stay and respite.

A search via the street address seems to take me to a company called
Bright.
Bright01519240202
3 Blundellsands Road East


Anyone have more information they can share?
Last edited by Carl Hibbard on Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Title was misleading so I changed it
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Sean Hewitt

Re: Championship Sponsors

Post by Sean Hewitt » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:04 am

Carl Hibbard wrote:The ECF site lists new sponsors for the British with this information:-

ACCELERATED BRIDGING FINANCE LIMITED is sponsoring the start money for leading players participating in the British Chess Championship. This company provides loans that are not available from high street banks..

Anyone have more information they can share?
http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/e18b3 ... ompdetails
Last edited by Carl Hibbard on Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Edit of the wrong message sorry!

Mick Norris
Posts: 8511
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:12 am
Location: Bolton, Greater Manchester

Re: Championship Sponsors

Post by Mick Norris » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:33 pm

They don't appear on the Financial Services Authority register
Any postings on here represent my personal views and should not be taken as representative of the Manchester Chess Federation www.manchesterchess.co.uk

Simon Brown
Posts: 749
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:38 pm
Location: Sevenoaks, Kent, if not in Costa Calida, Spain

Re: Championship Sponsors

Post by Simon Brown » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:15 pm

No FSA authorisation.
No named directors on the ECF website.
No phone number.
No e-mail address.
Last accounts to March 2008, but with a small company exemption, so no meaningful financial information has ever been produced.
No website.
Apparently sharing accommodation with some sort of care home.

No doubt the ECF has done its homework and the company is perfectly respectable. Perhaps the CFO would confirm that (sorry, I forgot!).

Simon

John Anderson
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 7:54 pm

Re: Championship Sponsors

Post by John Anderson » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:42 pm

Mick Norris wrote:They don't appear on the Financial Services Authority register
Why would Accelerated Bridging Finance Limited appear on the FSA register? They are not offering investment advice so you are looking in the wrong place. As they would appear to be predominantly mortgage brokers they only need a Consumer Credit Licence which they have.

It would seem that IM Michael Hennigan (Fide 2385) is the man to thank.

Mick Norris
Posts: 8511
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:12 am
Location: Bolton, Greater Manchester

Re: Championship Sponsors

Post by Mick Norris » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:15 pm

John Anderson wrote:
Mick Norris wrote:They don't appear on the Financial Services Authority register
Why would Accelerated Bridging Finance Limited appear on the FSA register? They are not offering investment advice so you are looking in the wrong place. As they would appear to be predominantly mortgage brokers they only need a Consumer Credit Licence which they have.

It would seem that IM Michael Hennigan (Fide 2385) is the man to thank.
The FSA regulate mortgage advice, general insurance and banking, as well as those of us offering investment advice

e.g. Bridging Finance Limited appear on the FSA Register, but Accelerated Bridging Finance Limited do not
Any postings on here represent my personal views and should not be taken as representative of the Manchester Chess Federation www.manchesterchess.co.uk

Simon Brown
Posts: 749
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:38 pm
Location: Sevenoaks, Kent, if not in Costa Calida, Spain

Re: Championship Sponsors

Post by Simon Brown » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:12 pm

Perhaps the ECF needs to be FSA regulated if it is promoting an unregulated lender? Said not 100% in jest as you do have to be very careful about these things. But if Michael is behind it i feel comforted, although I didn't find that during my admittedly swift search.

Simon

Matthew Turner
Posts: 3317
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 11:54 am

Re: Championship Sponsors

Post by Matthew Turner » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:10 am

Many thanks to Carl for posting the initial topic on my behalf, I have been unable to access the Forum for a few days.
Sean's link to Companies House, does indeed yield a result for Accelerated Bridging Finance Limited. However, this company is registered at
Richmond Place
127 Boughton
CHESTER
CH3 5BH

I am still unable to find any reference to the company which is sponsoring the British.

User avatar
Carl Hibbard
Posts: 5866
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:05 pm
Location: Evesham

Re: Championship Sponsors

Post by Carl Hibbard » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:36 am

Matthew Turner wrote:I am still unable to find any reference to the company which is sponsoring the British.
Is that me with the title of this topic - which perhaps I will change or you looking for a general sponsor?
Last edited by Carl Hibbard on Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: I have changed the title now
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Sean Hewitt

Re: Championship Sponsors

Post by Sean Hewitt » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:07 am

Matthew Turner wrote:Many thanks to Carl for posting the initial topic on my behalf, I have been unable to access the Forum for a few days.
Sean's link to Companies House, does indeed yield a result for Accelerated Bridging Finance Limited. However, this company is registered at
Richmond Place
127 Boughton
CHESTER
CH3 5BH

I am still unable to find any reference to the company which is sponsoring the British.
Matthew,

You will find that they are one and the same company. Companies House only concerns itself with registered addresses whereas a company may well trade from a different address - or addresses.

Matthew Turner
Posts: 3317
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 11:54 am

Re: Start Money Championship Sponsors

Post by Matthew Turner » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:21 am

Sean,
I understand what you are saying, but how does Accelerated Bridging Finance Limited ever get any business? Let's say I see them on the ECF website and I want to get a bridging Loan. I have been completely unable to find a website or telephone number for either the Liverpool or Chester branch.

Sean Hewitt

Re: Start Money Championship Sponsors

Post by Sean Hewitt » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:54 am

Matthew Turner wrote:Sean,
I understand what you are saying, but how does Accelerated Bridging Finance Limited ever get any business? Let's say I see them on the ECF website and I want to get a bridging Loan. I have been completely unable to find a website or telephone number for either the Liverpool or Chester branch.
Now that is a completely different question!

Post Reply