Calling Platinum Members

Debate directly related to English Chess Federation matters.
Julie Denning

Calling Platinum Members

Post by Julie Denning » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:07 am

I've just learned that David Fryer is unable to attend the Finance Council meeting next weekend and has proxied his votes to me, including that as a Platinum Members Representative. (I am one myself, so qualified!) I'll try to get an email circulation list for other Platinum Members, but if any who see this wish to get in touch with me with views for items coming up at the meeting please do so.

I will again be wearing a number of different hats at the meeting, as a Director, Council delegate for various organisations and now as a Platinum Members representative. As in other recent meetings, I'm quite prepared to voice opinions on behalf of these other responsibilities in addition to, or contrary to, any collective Board responsibility with regard to my Director's vote.

Chris Fegan

Re: Calling Platinum Members

Post by Chris Fegan » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:22 am

Julie Denning wrote:I've just learned that David Fryer is unable to attend the Finance Council meeting next weekend and has proxied his votes to me, including that as a Platinum Members Representative. (I am one myself, so qualified!) I'll try to get an email circulation list for other Platinum Members, but if any who see this wish to get in touch with me with views for items coming up at the meeting please do so.

I will again be wearing a number of different hats at the meeting, as a Director, Council delegate for various organisations and now as a Platinum Members representative. As in other recent meetings, I'm quite prepared to voice opinions on behalf of these other responsibilities in addition to, or contrary to, any collective Board responsibility with regard to my Director's vote.
Julie

This demonstrates yet again what a complete farce, embarrassment and sick joke that the current ECF Council representation is.

Abolish all these votes for organisations, types of members and interest groups NOW and move to a simple OMOV system and give ECF Members direct power over the organisation that they pay for and get rid once and for all of this historic shambles of rotten boroughs,dodgy backroom deals and incestuous power sharing and slippery deal making between a handful of individuals and groups that has held the ECF and English chess back for decades and continues to do so.

It is about time the ECF dumped all this old baggage and belatedly moved into the 20th Century let alone the 21st Century.

Chris

Roger de Coverly

Post by Roger de Coverly » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:39 pm

Chris Fegan wrote: Abolish all these votes for organisations, types of members and interest groups NOW and move to a simple OMOV system
Are you expecting all 10,000 chess players forced to be ECF Members to turn up and vote. If not, what is the proposal?

Bob Kane

Post by Bob Kane » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:06 am

The members pay a fee.. respect that one thing and contact them via email at least twice a year.. that would be the basic :( entry requirement for any "representative"

John Reyes

Post by John Reyes » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:30 pm

You do get that with the bronze and silver members
Any postings on here represent my personal views only and also Dyslexia as well