Page 1 of 2

ECF AGM venue

Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:41 pm
by John Reyes
Do we have any idea where the venue will be?

Re: ECF AGM venue

Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:49 pm
by LawrenceCooper
John Reyes wrote:Do we have any idea where the venue will be?
I suspect London as it was Birmingham in 2016 and they tend to alternate between Birmingham and London. No doubt the venue, when announced, will appear here: http://www.englishchess.org.uk/about/ec ... and-board/

Re: ECF AGM venue

Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:32 pm
by John Reyes
just wanted to know how much time, I have looking around London :)

Re: ECF AGM venue

Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:02 am
by LawrenceCooper
LawrenceCooper wrote:
John Reyes wrote:Do we have any idea where the venue will be?
I suspect London as it was Birmingham in 2016 and they tend to alternate between Birmingham and London. No doubt the venue, when announced, will appear here: http://www.englishchess.org.uk/about/ec ... and-board/
"This year’s AGM takes place at the Thistle City Barbican Hotel, 120 Central Street, Clerkenwell, London EC1V 8DS [MAP] on Saturday 14th October starting at 1.30pm"

Re: ECF AGM venue

Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:45 am
by Michael Farthing
It actually goes 2 Birmingham and then 2 London, which guarantees that the AGM and the Finance meetings both alternate their venues. Othwerise it would always be the AGM in one and the Finance in the othe

Re: ECF AGM venue

Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:55 am
by LawrenceCooper
Michael Farthing wrote:It actually goes 2 Birmingham and then 2 London, which guarantees that the AGM and the Finance meetings both alternate their venues. Othwerise it would always be the AGM in one and the Finance in the othe
Yes, the AGM alternates location, as does the finance meeting.

Re: ECF AGM venue

Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:08 pm
by John Reyes
well I have a 40 minute walk to the venue from Euston train station!!

Re: ECF AGM venue

Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:00 pm
by Roger de Coverly
John Reyes wrote:well I have a 40 minute walk to the venue from Euston train station!!
Do you have something against the London Underground? Old Street looks the nearest, Barbican as an alternative.

Re: ECF AGM venue

Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:07 pm
by NickFaulks
Roger de Coverly wrote:
John Reyes wrote:well I have a 40 minute walk to the venue from Euston train station!!
Do you have something against the London Underground? Old Street looks the nearest, Barbican as an alternative.
Or there's a door-to-door bus service.

Re: ECF AGM venue

Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:16 am
by John Reyes
what bus can I get?

I'm not a big fan of the underground as I'm from manchester

Re: ECF AGM venue

Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:29 am
by Mick Norris
Roger de Coverly wrote:
John Reyes wrote:well I have a 40 minute walk to the venue from Euston train station!!
Do you have something against the London Underground? Old Street looks the nearest, Barbican as an alternative.
Walking is a bit healthier :lol:

Re: ECF AGM venue

Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:30 am
by Mick Norris
John Reyes wrote:what bus can I get?

I'm not a big fan of the underground as I'm from manchester
TFL route planner

Re: ECF AGM venue

Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:32 am
by MartinCarpenter
Take a bit more time and pull by Baker Street/Foyles :) Central London is actually, I find, quite a nice place to walk about and not quite as big as you might imagine.

I do have some odd ideas about the length of walks though.....

Re: ECF AGM venue

Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:24 am
by Kevin Thurlow
I'm delighted to see that arguments about venues for BCF/ECF meetings continue. They started in 1903, when Yorkshire complained that the first meeting of the BCF was scheduled to be in London.

Re: ECF AGM venue

Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:48 am
by John Reyes
Mick Norris wrote:
Roger de Coverly wrote:
John Reyes wrote:well I have a 40 minute walk to the venue from Euston train station!!
Do you have something against the London Underground? Old Street looks the nearest, Barbican as an alternative.
Walking is a bit healthier :lol:

I did think of walking as it will make me healthier lol!!