ECF Finance meeting 2018

Debate directly related to English Chess Federation matters.
Steven DuCharme

Re: ECF Finance meeting 2018

Post by Steven DuCharme » Mon May 28, 2018 1:19 am

UPDATE...Use BCF ratings in place of FIDE ratings. The general idea is to incentivize playing and winning.
I float like a pawn island and sting like an ignored knight :mrgreen:

Michael Farthing

Post by Michael Farthing » Mon May 28, 2018 9:36 am

Steven DuCharme wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 1:19 am
UPDATE...Use BCF ratings in place of FIDE ratings. The general idea is to incentivize playing and winning.
Ah! Well that's an improvement. No one has a BCF rating so we're back to a standard membership charge!

[You mean an ECF grade. The ECF replaced the BCF about a dozen years ago and we don't do ratings in England. You'll also have to change your divisor from 100 because our grades have only three figures. However, I can't see you getting much support for a system that actively seeks to discourage casual players].

John Reyes

Post by John Reyes » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:08 pm

Michael Farthing wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 9:36 am
Steven DuCharme wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 1:19 am
Ah! Well that's an improvement. No one has a BCF rating so we're back to a standard membership charge!

[You mean an ECF grade. The ECF replaced the BCF about a dozen years ago and we don't do ratings in England. You'll also have to change your divisor from 100 because our grades have only three figures. However, I can't see you getting much support for a system that actively seeks to discourage casual players].
some people in the ecf would love for the BCF to reform LOL!!!
Any postings on here represent my personal views only and also Dyslexia as well