The Southern Counties Chess Union - a retrospective

Historical knowledge and information regarding our great game.
GrahamStuart

The Southern Counties Chess Union - a retrospective

Post by GrahamStuart » Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:40 pm

I ordered this book from Anthony Fulton after supplying a small amount of information from the Hampshire Chess Archives to help with some of his queries. Anthony supplied a lot more information to me on the Hampshire County records including a large spreadsheet with the Hampshire results. I have used this on the Hampshire Chess History website https://www.hampshirechesshistory.com/h ... ty-matches as well as the basis for my completion of the individual Hampshire County Match results. I definitely got the best end of that deal!

I have found the book fascinating, as well as in awe of the amount of work which has gone into it. A real smorgasbord of Southern County Chess History is included, which also touches on many other counties which are not part of the SCCU now.

I think its publication has gone a bit under the radar although I am sure a number of the members of this forum do know of its recent publication. But if you are not aware of it, it may be something you wish to look at? The physical book is not that easy to source at present (although Anthony may still have some personally), but the kindle version is on Amazon for a bargain price of £3.99 and hopefully the physical copy will be available from the normal sources soon?