Portsmouth Evening News Post 1959 Chess Articles
Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:04 pm
I know that people use various resources for their Chess History research, one I have found very useful is the British Newspaper Archives. Anyone who uses this will know it is very good for resource pre second world war but not as helpful post.
The Portsmouth News had a weekly chess column from late 1950's until probably the early 2000's and the BNA does have the the copies up to 1959. I have added a request for the post ones to be made available and would appreciate anyone who has an account if they could vote for this as this may help this being moved up the list?
https://help-and-advice.britishnewspape ... d-add-next
If anyone knows of other resources where these would be available please do point me in the right direction.
I did have some copies from my Hampshire Chess Archives from 1976 to 1979 and these had been scanned to my site, but having access to others would help in my research into Hampshire Chess History.
https://hampshirechesshistory.co.uk/chess-notes/
The Portsmouth News had a weekly chess column from late 1950's until probably the early 2000's and the BNA does have the the copies up to 1959. I have added a request for the post ones to be made available and would appreciate anyone who has an account if they could vote for this as this may help this being moved up the list?
https://help-and-advice.britishnewspape ... d-add-next
If anyone knows of other resources where these would be available please do point me in the right direction.
I did have some copies from my Hampshire Chess Archives from 1976 to 1979 and these had been scanned to my site, but having access to others would help in my research into Hampshire Chess History.
https://hampshirechesshistory.co.uk/chess-notes/