1967 British Championship
Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:05 pm
The games from the 1967 British Championship...
http://www.saund.co.uk/britbase/pgn/196 ... iewer.html
... have been on Britbase for a long time, and previously updated to include all dates and full names. But recently, to my horror, I noticed that three games had wrong results recorded. As a result, every database in the world seems to have the same three errors!
The correct results are as follows: Parr-Gilbert (R1) 1-0 (not 0-1); Horton-Ludgate (R2) 1-0 (not 0-1); Whiteley-N.Littlewood (R4) 1-0 (not ½-½).
I've a feeling I may have been the person who originally input the games from the bulletin, many years ago. It underlines the importance, after inputting all the games, of using ChessBase's tournament crosstable facility to check results against published crosstables (which is how I belatedly picked up the errors). I have also taken the opportunity to update a few names and generally tidy up, making the file viewable, etc. If anyone can supply full forenames (rather than initials) for players, please let me know.
Note that there are 198 games from the Championship (complete), two from the Ladies' Championship, 28 from the Major Open, 37 from the U21, 41 from the U18, 40 from the U16, and five from the U14. I've also included full results of all sections and a photo of Norman Littlewood and Dinah Dobson from the Times.
http://www.saund.co.uk/britbase/pgn/196 ... iewer.html
... have been on Britbase for a long time, and previously updated to include all dates and full names. But recently, to my horror, I noticed that three games had wrong results recorded. As a result, every database in the world seems to have the same three errors!
The correct results are as follows: Parr-Gilbert (R1) 1-0 (not 0-1); Horton-Ludgate (R2) 1-0 (not 0-1); Whiteley-N.Littlewood (R4) 1-0 (not ½-½).
I've a feeling I may have been the person who originally input the games from the bulletin, many years ago. It underlines the importance, after inputting all the games, of using ChessBase's tournament crosstable facility to check results against published crosstables (which is how I belatedly picked up the errors). I have also taken the opportunity to update a few names and generally tidy up, making the file viewable, etc. If anyone can supply full forenames (rather than initials) for players, please let me know.
Note that there are 198 games from the Championship (complete), two from the Ladies' Championship, 28 from the Major Open, 37 from the U21, 41 from the U18, 40 from the U16, and five from the U14. I've also included full results of all sections and a photo of Norman Littlewood and Dinah Dobson from the Times.