Page 1 of 1

Problem in Chessbase 12

Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:26 pm
by Peter Shaw
I occasionally get an error message like this when opening a new board or a game in a database in Chessbase 12.

"Cannot open database:

se\History\Year_2013\7-July\2013_7_26_"

The program has to be shut down via task manager. I had this problem before some months ago but it seemed to rectify itself. Now it's returned just in time for the British!

Anybody got any ideas?

Re: Problem in Chessbase 12

Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:01 pm
by James Coleman
Not sure, you might want to check you have the latest program version :

Click "file" then "about" and at the top of the program credits it should give you a version date. Mine says July 22nd 2013 - so anything older than that and you might want to do an upgrade and see if that helps.

Re: Problem in Chessbase 12

Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:21 pm
by Andrew Bak
Have you tried to open the Database in another piece of software to see if the database is faulty for some reason?

Having said that, there shouldn't really be any problems with the Chess History databases that Chessbase automatically generates...

Re: Problem in Chessbase 12

Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:43 am
by Nick Murphy
What James said :)

Always check your program is fully updated first and foremost.

Re: Problem in Chessbase 12

Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:22 am
by Peter Shaw
The program is up to date. I'm having the same problem today. One thing I have noticed is that on the days where it hasn't worked is the .ini file for that day is missing from the "7-July" folder.

I'm not sure what these files are, but since they only seem to be created once you try to open a board, might it be worth deleting them and trying again?