Page 1 of 1

Playing IQP type positions?

Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:49 am
by John Upham
I'm looking for modern treatments of the ideas involved in playing IQP positions.

I normally turn to Pachman in these situations but maybe there are good alternatives?

Can you make any recommendations?

Re: Playing IQP type positions?

Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:10 am
by Leonard Barden
There are some suggestions, though just from the white side, in my 1980s book Play Better Chess.

Re: Playing IQP type positions?

Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:05 pm
by Andy Burnett
Play Better Chess is a fantastic book-the very first chess book I ever read and the main reason I got hooked on the game. Thank you Mr Barden!

Alexander Baburin's book 'Winning Pawn Structures' is devoted entirely to IQP positions. I haven't read it myself but it gets very good reviews. You can look at the Contents and view a short excerpt of it on Amazon.