Appeals Committee

Technical questions regarding Openings, Middlegames, Endings etc.
MartinCarpenter

Re: Appeals Committee

Post by MartinCarpenter » Wed May 25, 2016 9:08 am

Seems very unlikely I'd have thought :) The appeals will only very rarely be about individual games, its stuff like ineligible players penalties that can merit it. Like that 'lose a million points' penalty Yorkshire's U160's got a couple of years back.

E Michael White

Re: appeals committee

Post by E Michael White » Sun May 29, 2016 8:25 am

NickFaulks wrote:
E Michael White wrote:The county championship appeals process will need to be revisited when it becomes FIDE rated
Really?
As you know in a FIDE rated event, appeals processes are mentioned in the FIDE Laws, The FIDE Competition Rules and any Event Rules. Its as well to ensure compatibility.

NickFaulks

Re: appeals committee

Post by NickFaulks » Sun May 29, 2016 10:24 am

E Michael White wrote:As you know in a FIDE rated event, appeals processes are mentioned in the FIDE Laws
All I can find is

"11.10 Unless the rules of the competition specify otherwise, a player may appeal against any decision of the arbiter"

It isn't very hard to comply with that.
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a QR code stamped on a human face — forever.

E Michael White

Post by E Michael White » Sun May 29, 2016 12:08 pm

NickFaulks wrote:All I can find is.......
Then there's Section 10 Penalties, Appeals; in the FIDE Competition Rules. https://www.fide.com/FIDE/handbook/Comp ... _Rules.pdf

NickFaulks

Post by NickFaulks » Sun May 29, 2016 2:01 pm

E Michael White wrote:
NickFaulks wrote:All I can find is.......
Then there's Section 10 Penalties, Appeals; in the FIDE Competition Rules. https://www.fide.com/FIDE/handbook/Comp ... _Rules.pdf
Those are just recommendations, albeit quite sensible ones for major events.
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a QR code stamped on a human face — forever.