Bg5
Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:51 pm
Hi,
I am abit puzzled by Rybka's analysis to one of my games, specifically it recomendation to play 7 Bg5 then exchange the Bishop for the Ne7 in the following game fragment;
1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. Bb5 Bc5 4. c3 Nge7 5. O-O f5 6. d4 Bb6 7. Re1 (7. Bg5 h6 8. Bxe7 Nxe7 9.Nxe5)
Since this game I have encountered another similar position where Rybka wants to play this type of move with the same outcome and still can't see why losing the bishop pair is advantageous. Is this due to White maintaining the initiative or is this simply working towards completing development.
Any help and advice would be gratefully received,
Will
I am abit puzzled by Rybka's analysis to one of my games, specifically it recomendation to play 7 Bg5 then exchange the Bishop for the Ne7 in the following game fragment;
1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. Bb5 Bc5 4. c3 Nge7 5. O-O f5 6. d4 Bb6 7. Re1 (7. Bg5 h6 8. Bxe7 Nxe7 9.Nxe5)
Since this game I have encountered another similar position where Rybka wants to play this type of move with the same outcome and still can't see why losing the bishop pair is advantageous. Is this due to White maintaining the initiative or is this simply working towards completing development.
Any help and advice would be gratefully received,
Will