Peter Lalic chess database

Use this section to advertise yourself or your products.

What do you think about the database?

The games are high quality and instructive.
13%
The games are patzerish; I could learn more from GMs.
4%
I couldn't be bothered to open it.
25%
I looked through all the annotations; they were useful.
4%
Why should I look at somebody else's games?
No votes
I enjoy learning from the commentary of others.
8%
The commentary was good; variations, evaluations, text, etc.
8%
The guy doesn't know how to analyse games.
No votes
I prefer the YouTube version; entertaining with awesome music!
8%
Studying the games with ChessBase is easier and more flexible.
17%
It needs improvement (please reply with your thoughts, thanks).
No votes
Keep up the good work, and keep your updates posted.
13%

Total votes: 24

Peter Lalic

Re: Peter Lalic chess database

Post by Peter Lalic » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:29 am

You can ignore the old edition...now I have improved it. Or as comedian Tim Allen would say, "I've rewired it - for more power!" It has become more interactive, with test positions. The fact it is 7.5MB indicates a lot of multimedia! The "Introduction" text explains all...
Here is the link: http://www.mediafire.com/?b3so6gyba9gr3gf
http://www.youtube.com/user/DraganLalic
for free, high-quality videos about chess, for your own improvement. Fun lectures: tactics and endgame courses, my tournament games, others' great games, openings, and blindfold chess!

LozCooper

Post by LozCooper » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:13 pm

Kevin Thurlow wrote:David Sedgwick wrote

"I wasn't ecstatic to read that Cherniaev is an idol of yours. I have to say that I think there are better role models."

I played Cherniaev once, and after he finished messing around before the game (demanding an appearance fee, demanding his two half point byes be scrubbed and the tournament re-scheduled so he could play people, refusing to play me because I was too weak), his behaviour at the board was exemplary. When Cherniaev's lunch was delivered, he even consumed it away from the board so as not to distract me.
I'm assuming that the result went in his favour if his behaviour at the board was exemplary :lol:

He once asked me the day before a tournament was due to start to make the 10 player all-play-all an 11 player all-play-all so he could be accommodated :shock:

Ian Thompson

Post by Ian Thompson » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:00 pm

PeterLalic wrote:You can ignore the old edition...now I have improved it. Or as comedian Tim Allen would say, "I've rewired it - for more power!" It has become more interactive, with test positions. The fact it is 7.5MB indicates a lot of multimedia! The "Introduction" text explains all...
Here is the link: http://www.mediafire.com/?b3so6gyba9gr3gf
Have you run an integrity check on this database? Chessbase 10 gives some errors. The Error 404s can be fixed by copying the whole database to a new database, but not the missing pictures (although doing this does introduce a new error "Error 504: index damaged" on the team index, but I'm sure that's either a bug in Chessbase 10 or its integrity checker, as this error occurs frequently, e.g. on every week's TWIC, and can be fixed by more copying of databases).

Integritycheck 4.09 (24/6/2010)
Checking games E:\Chessbas\PENDING\Peter Dragan Lalic.cbh
Check player index...
Error 404: library damaged
Check tournament index...
Check annotator index...
Check source index...
Check team index...
missing picture (ID=2, Game=1, Text)
missing picture (ID=76, Game=1, Text)
missing picture (ID=75, Game=1, Text)
missing picture (ID=74, Game=1, Text)
missing picture (ID=73, Game=1, Text)
missing picture (ID=71, Game=1, Text)
missing picture (ID=67, Game=1, Text)
missing picture (ID=59, Game=1, Text)
missing picture (ID=56, Game=1, Text)
missing picture (ID=51, Game=1, Text)
missing picture (ID=52, Game=1, Text)
missing picture (ID=48, Game=1, Text)
missing picture (ID=47, Game=1, Text)
missing picture (ID=46, Game=1, Text)
missing picture (ID=45, Game=1, Text)
missing picture (ID=44, Game=1, Text)
missing picture (ID=43, Game=1, Text)
missing picture (ID=25, Game=1, Text)
missing picture (ID=24, Game=1, Text)
missing picture (ID=57, Game=1, Text)
Check key...
Themes (1 Keys)
3 errors.

Peter Lalic

Post by Peter Lalic » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:04 pm

Ian Thompson wrote: Have you run an integrity check on this database?
Thanks, I'm taking your advice. I'm trying to fix it...
http://www.youtube.com/user/DraganLalic
for free, high-quality videos about chess, for your own improvement. Fun lectures: tactics and endgame courses, my tournament games, others' great games, openings, and blindfold chess!

Kevin Thurlow

Post by Kevin Thurlow » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:36 pm

"I'm assuming that the result went in his favour if his behaviour at the board was exemplary

He once asked me the day before a tournament was due to start to make the 10 player all-play-all an 11 player all-play-all so he could be accommodated"

1) Yes... it didn't quite make up for his behaviour beforehand. A friend of mine was playing (someone else) and was sufficiently distracted by him at another event to suggest he shut "his ****ing mouth or else", which was apparently quite effective...

2) Good grief! In turn, I assume that the answer was "no", but it must have been difficult to answer politely!
"Kevin was the arbiter and was very patient. " Nick Grey

LozCooper

Post by LozCooper » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:12 pm

Kevin Thurlow wrote:"I'm assuming that the result went in his favour if his behaviour at the board was exemplary

He once asked me the day before a tournament was due to start to make the 10 player all-play-all an 11 player all-play-all so he could be accommodated"

1) Yes... it didn't quite make up for his behaviour beforehand. A friend of mine was playing (someone else) and was sufficiently distracted by him at another event to suggest he shut "his ****ing mouth or else", which was apparently quite effective...

2) Good grief! In turn, I assume that the answer was "no", but it must have been difficult to answer politely!
From memory it was something along the lines of "Much as I'd love to have you in the tournament it just isn't possible to fit in two extra rounds" :lol: