Chess problems on Iphone

Use this section to advertise yourself or your products.
Simon Louchart

Chess problems on Iphone

Post by Simon Louchart » Sat May 14, 2011 12:36 pm

Hello,

I want to tell you about an application I have recently released in the Iphone app market: it is called Chess Trainer.
The principle is simple: random problems adapted to your strength are displayed and you have to solve them in a limited amount of time. In the end, your Elo is updated according to your performance.
Also, some additional position packs are also available, giving you the opportunity to focus your training on a particular area, such as openings, middlegames or endgames.

Here are some screenshots:
Image Image Image Image

a video
the website

I will regularly check the answers to this post and therefore will be happy to answer any comment or question you may have : )

have fun!
Last edited by Simon Louchart on Fri May 20, 2011 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Designer of Chess trainer
My blog (still under construction)
My Twitter
Chess Trainer facebook page

John Upham

Re: Chess problems on Iphone

Post by John Upham » Sat May 14, 2011 2:00 pm

Readers of this forum may be unaware that prior to the 2010 ECF AGM, the ECF were presented with a commercial opportunity to partner with SmartChess (http://www.playsmartchess.com/) to deliver CoM via the iPhone and iPad platforms.

CoM was to be licensed to SmartChess by the ECF with a potential significant income stream.

Sadly, this opportunity was missed.

One of the early stumbling blocks (but not the last) was one of the potential decision makers announcing that they were unaware of what an iPhone or iPad was! :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by John Upham on Sat May 14, 2011 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess :D

Leonard Barden

Post by Leonard Barden » Sat May 14, 2011 2:25 pm

It might help if the board was the right way round......

Simon Spivack

Post by Simon Spivack » Sat May 14, 2011 3:01 pm

Simon Louchart wrote:... your ELO is updated ...
ELO: the initials of the Electric Light Orchestra. Its contribution to the world of chess is unknown, at least to me.

Elo: Professor Arpad Elo, recognised for his grading system as applied to the game.

Simon Louchart

Post by Simon Louchart » Fri May 20, 2011 1:14 pm

Leonard Barden wrote:It might help if the board was the right way round......
Hello,
actually this bug has been corrected a while ago but I realise that I took an old screenshot. I have just edited the original message with the correct picture
Designer of Chess trainer
My blog (still under construction)
My Twitter
Chess Trainer facebook page